Torsen diff in 24

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the main issue is that many competitors have front and rear lockers (even the new Colorado and Canyon). For the price point I do not see why the Raptor's do not have front lockers!
I'd not have bought it with a front locker. My front Torsen with the lightest of left foot pressure does everything I need it to do off road and more on road. Also, often times wish it had a rear Torsen on road living in Texas. Ideally Ford would have offered the option for those who want/"need" each respectively.

Having heavy experience in the rocks on an IFS vehicle with air lockers, I can say with confidence they are great for the very few who know how and when (when not to) to use them, and devastating to the masses who don't.

Best most fun off road vehicle I ever had was a CAR with Torsen front, viscous center, and clutch pack rear diffs. I AM an idiot for selling it.

Side note, owners of open diff jeeps have been astounded when they were "stuck", handed over the wheel to me and I walked it out in seconds with light throttle AND light brake. Be smarter than the machine...

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So without torsen a raptor is a 1x4 in rwd, 2x4 in 4wd and 3x4 with rear locker in 4wd
No. They use a cr@p ton of tech to ‘mimic’ having a “posi” rear. ish. Now, if the tech goes out, yes.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gen1 have rear elockers right? 13 and 14 have front torsen? so a 13/14 in 4wd is capable of actual 4x4 if the front is slipping

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about 3.5x4 with front torsen and rear locker?!

do all generations of raptors have a rear locker? smurfslayer made it sound like maybe not and i hear gen 2 people complain about it

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How about 3.5x4 with front torsen and rear locker?!

do all generations of raptors have a rear locker? smurfslayer made it sound like maybe not and i hear gen 2 people complain about it
Yes all have e locker but they really limited the use of it in the gen2.. 4wd only. Gen1 could be used in off road mode at any speed.. kinda disappointing but I'm happy to have a torsen in front