Resolution on Bad Shifts in Lower Gears?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is definitely something amiss. In sport, I have to try really, really hard to get the truck to skip 2nd. I’ve got to be at about 3% throttle or less

I think you have something wrong. Unless I am mistaken, you should be using all gears in Sport mode regardless of how hard/soft you are hitting the accelerator. 2nd and 4th are commonly skipped in Normal mode unless you are really getting on the gas, or accelerating really slow, but I don't think Sport mode is programmed to skip gears.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think you have something wrong. Unless I am mistaken, you should be using all gears in Sport mode regardless of how hard/soft you are hitting the accelerator. 2nd and 4th are commonly skipped in Normal mode unless you are really getting on the gas, or accelerating really slow, but I don't think Sport mode is programmed to skip gears.

Yup, it should, but like i said, I have to totally baby the throttle off the line to make it skip 2nd. Think Costco parking lot or school zone speeds. Lucille won’t skip gears in sport mode under any other condition. I don’t think she’s ever skipped in sport other than 2nd gear.