Removal of wireless charger in console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before I made this post, I browsed every page in both the interior and in this group to see if could find my answer. I came up empty handed.

I find the factory wireless charger to be a waste of space so I’m looking to remove it and install my Icom 2300 radio in its place. Once I have the wireless charging pad in my hand, I’m going to remove the charging part and cut a square just large enough to slide the radio into and fabricate a mounting bracket to support it on the backside. I hope my idea makes since like it does in my head.

Has anyone removed the center console that could give me some insight to what all I need to do before I go in there blind. I just don’t want to break any trim pieces because I pulled on it too hard or do unnecessary removal of pieces if I don’t have to.

Below are photos of the idea in my head.

IMG_8055.jpeg

IMG_8056.jpeg

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I did the same on my Gen 2. Just go slow and take your time. Use plastic trim tools. Remove the rubber pieces and check for screws. Remove the trim around the shifter. You will want to remove the media tray as well so you can mount the head unit. I used the bracket that came with the radio and placed some scrap aluminum as a doubler.

20220219_115226.jpg

20220219_121854.jpg

20220219_121906.jpg