Console Trim and access

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOC7URN

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im hoping to install my radio in my center console with my remote head unit is the 2nd glove box like this. I have no problem with wiring etc, but I've never pulled the panels off of a Gen-3 before. For those of you that have been down this road...

1) Should I remove the passenger seat to get your Bulletproof Diesel antenna cable under the carpet and/or route wires to the console?
2) does anyone know of any videos showing how to get to that interior-side of the firewall grommet in the passenger footwell (on console for that matter)?
3) what's he best pathway for a thick wire bundle between the passenger footwell to the center console (head unit, main power, remote speaker cable)

I have a love/hate relationship (mostly hate) with trim panel clips - if you've got any tips for how to get behind these panels, I'm all ears

1709075892180.png

kirkb

Reaction score
I am also interested in this. Have my radio already and waiting on the RPG 3rd brake light to come in, for the antenna mount.

I did find some info on the wire routing to the center console on the sticky post in the lighting sub forum - there is a video in the post showing some parts. But I would like to do the same thing you are doing and need to figure out the best way to route everything nice and clean.