Wireless App Protection ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewRap4Me

Reaction score
My 2023 Raptor no longer automatically connects to Car Play and I can't turn on the wireless app protection in the Sync Screen to get it to work. Only option now is to connect with a cable. Did anyone else have this issue and a fix that does not involve a trip to service? Software in truck and phone are UTD and I tried the "do this" options online of deleting phone on both and re-adding. I know in the past I had a communication issue with Ford Pass App and disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes solved the issue. Thank you in advance for your help.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On occasion my 22 doesn’t connect wirelessly but I always use a cable because I want my phone fully charged. Let us know what you figure out. Do you live that far from dealer that it‘s not worth going?

OP
OP
NewRap4Me

NewRap4Me

Reaction score
Yup.
Deleted phones from Raptor and Raptor from phones
Hard re-booted SYNC 4 with two button technique and door lock override
Turned off Connectivity on SYNC and turned back on
Hard reset iPhone
All software is UTD
Carplay checked in SYNC and wireless automatically selected on phone
Music will show playing on Raptor phone but not thru the stereo but I still get calls, so Bluetooth works.
Last ditch attempt will be to disconnect the battery cables for 30 ish minutes and hope the reset solves the issue.
If not, it's direct cable which I do not want to do or a trip to service.