Wireless Carplay - freezing in geographic locations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CW McCall

Reaction score
Hi guys - I am having a strange problem, even by usual Sync/Carplay gremlin standards. When I am playing music via wireless Carplay and Spotify, my music will freeze coming through the speakers - but it continues to play on the device (so if it halts for 3 or 4 seconds, when the sound comes through again, the song will be 3 or 4 seconds ahead). BUT - it ONLY happens when I drive through certain areas. I notice it because one such location happens on my daily commute. I have full service, so I'm not losing Spotify (and again, the music continues as if it is playing). I notice on the apple map displayed in the truck that it looks like the triangle showing my location will jump ahead - so is this a phone issue or a Sync issue?

It's probably a phone issue, but wondering if anyone has run into a similar problem. It's annoying on the daily commute, but certain other locations are much worse - in fact, it halts so much that carplay ends up disconnecting and reconnecting. This doesn't happen randomly - it ONLY happens when I drive certain routes. Looking for any thoughts. Thanks!

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Mine did that with Android Auto within a mile or so of the same intersection. I quit using it.
There's another thread about it somewhere.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Some ideas in the thread below..

Spooky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My CarPlay was doing something similar at one particular intersection and only that intersection. It happened 100% of the time I went through the intersection and has stopped since I got the last OTA update to SYNC. I figured that there was some sort transmitter in the area messing with the Bluetooth frequency.