Raptor Values May Plummet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3rd Maw El Toro then NAS China Lake
China Lake was my favorite place my Dad was stationed at! Of course I left in 1984 so who knows what it was like when you were there. That area is what the Raptor was made for! As far as gas prices, it is pain, but I have to get to work and I sure the hell am not going to get a Prius to get there. LOL!

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all used car values will plummet in the next few years, but it ain't because of gas pricing
Why? OEMs are delighted with lower volumes and higher profits. They are changing their business models accordingly. Lack of supply will keep prices elevated for the foreseeable future. Now if a bomb drops into Poland and NATO comes to life, then demand for anything non-military will about halt, driving prices down fast.

raptor556

Reaction score
Why? OEMs are delighted with lower volumes and higher profits. They are changing their business models accordingly. Lack of supply will keep prices elevated for the foreseeable future. Now if a bomb drops into Poland and NATO comes to life, then demand for anything non-military will about halt, driving prices down fast.
why? just an educated guess.

I think the more common sense approach is that an increase of 30-40% in used car values a year is not sustainable.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why? OEMs are delighted with lower volumes and higher profits. They are changing their business models accordingly. Lack of supply will keep prices elevated for the foreseeable future.

I don't think that trend is really going to continue though. For the most part, buyers (in the US) at least, are conditioned to get immediate gratification from car buy. You decide you want a car and you can have one a few hours later. They don't want to wait 1-3 months for it to be made. And if Ford makes them wait, they'll just go buy a Chevy that's sitting on the lot.

This model of low volume, "we don't make it till you order it", only works when the consumer feels there are no other options. Tesla won't be selling be able to sell cars like this when there are comparable EVs sitting on every dealer lot. So you'd need every OEM following the model for it to work, and just one or two going for high volume sales to meet the immediate gratification buyer is going to break that mold.

You could maybe argue that the Raptor doesn't have any real competitors, so they can get away with this, but I think buyers will end up with TRX, and other offroad trucks, even if they don't fully match up.

That said, it's going to be a while for supplies to return back to normal, and dealers will still want used vehicles to have something on the lot. Even when they do, used prices will still be relatively high, IMO, as new prices have increased quite a bit, and used prices will trail that.

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEMs have changed their business models and that must change back to volume-based thinking. I just do t see that happening after OEMs realize they can make more $$ with lower volume.

raptor556

Reaction score
cool. I personally like ordering and don't mind the wait. It's just nice when the wait is reasonable

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OEMs have changed their business models and that must change back to volume-based thinking. I just do t see that happening after OEMs realize they can make more $$ with lower volume.

They won't make any money when competing vehicles are sitting on lots ready to be bought immediately. It only takes one.
cool. I personally like ordering and don't mind the wait. It's just nice when the wait is reasonable

I wouldn't mind waiting, but I don't want to wait and pay ADM. I don't even want to pay MSRP.

raptor556

Reaction score
They won't make any money when competing vehicles are sitting on lots ready to be bought immediately. It only takes one.

I wouldn't mind waiting, but I don't want to wait and pay ADM. I don't even want to pay MSRP.
ADM hahahaha

For me it's out of the question.

It's a bs fee that dealers are imposing on suckers just because they can.