Raptor Values May Plummet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rising gasoline prices could cause Raptor values to plummet - other trucks and SUV's with low fuel economy also. It looks like gasoline is headed for $6.00 / gal due to the war in the Ukraine and they aren't likely to come back down any time soon. I wasn't planning on selling anyway, so I can live with that. I also have another car that I can drive when economy is the prime concern. That could be good news if you're looking for a Raptor but not so good if you're selling or it's the only thing you have to drive.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It will be a while before that happens. Just for the hell of it I checked Vroom.com to see what my 2020 801A SCAB with 25K miles is worth. They offered me $1K less than I paid for it 2 years ago.
I'm not looking to sell it unless I could find a 2022 for invoice. :anitoof:

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If only cause and effect was that simple and linear in this scenario. Fuel costs may deter some people from buying inefficient vehicles such as the Raptor, but a perpetual shortage of vehicles will continue to prop up that second hard market for the time being imo.

deucedevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets run the real math on that. . .

12,000 miles with a low average 12 MPG. 1,000 gallons over a year at $3 more than normal. $3K annual, $250 more per month than when gas was $3.

But that's not the equation. If you need a truck, what are you going to do? Get a PowerBoost? Ok. 12,000 miles with a good average of 20 MPG, $3600 total annual gas bill compared to $6K above. Again, only $200 more per month.

All of this is more cost, no doubt, but marginal for an individual purchasing a Raptor likely. Not to mention, gas prices go up, gas prices go down. Being reactionary to a temporary environment is not a strong way to operate in life IMHO.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptors are one vehicle that has not seemed to suffer from gasoline prices. We've been thru this a few times and these things still stay expensive, maybe not as much as the chip shortage values brought but gasoline prices haven't seemed to matter too much.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Gas was over $4 back in 2008'ish. That's probably $5-6 in today's dollars.

Salaries are much higher than 2008, especially hourly food workers, $15/plus.

I think it would have to hit $8 for people to get out of their suburbans and trucks, unless they need a truck for work. It won't bother me too much, I take the IRS mileage deduction and will raise my price to customers accordingly.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 15 3.5 got worse MpG than my raptor does. I averaged 13.7 over 50k miles. My raptor averages 15. If you drive the raptor like a baby, 17 mpg is doable. Believe me, yea 6$ a gallon will suck but it will not cause me to loose my house by any means