Raptor takes jump too fast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would the airbags go off if the seat belts were not on? I had a friend in an accident and his airbags didnt go off, see my sig link ;)

They are a part of the system and communicate with the body module but will not stop the deployment of the air bag. The system is quite complicated for sure. So many things that talk through the HS can and MS can...

TMX Engineer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Two for now....

As soon as we quit telling stories Ill post more....

Skid plate little to no damage... A big adjustable wrench and hammer and this will bolt right up to his 2013.

Wheels not so much

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-04-22-38-37-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-04-22-38-37-1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_2013-02-04-22-38-51-1.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-04-22-38-51-1.png
    353 KB · Views: 121

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two for now....

Skid plate little to no damage... A big adjustable wrench and hammer and this will bolt right up to his 2013.

Wheels not so much
I'm impressed that the truck held up as well as it did.. A testament to the shocks Id say... and I think they saved the guys from worse damage too...

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Airbags will still deploy when in ORM...they are just less sensitive. Yes, we know them and they are fine. We will be checking out the truck tomorrow to survey the damage.

He has 2 Raptors and is not worried about the damage. As he said, when you break something, build it faster and stronger.

Where did you get this info from? I cannot find it anywhere in my service manuals... and like I said previously because of government regulations Ford cant desensitize the tire pressure how can they get away with the air bags being desensitize... I think you are wrong here and I cant say 100% yet but I will find out soon. Can you say 100% you are sure that this is a fact? There is 2 stages of deployment for the air bags but its based on occupant and occupant weight

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Two for now....

Wheels not so much

The wheels look defective...

Raptorsteve - do you think he has bed spread issues? :confused:

Yukon Joe
Delta Force
Snoball500 Support Raptor

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

I'm impressed that the truck held up as well as it did.. A testament to the shocks Id say... and I think they saved the guys from worse damage too...

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Where did you get this info from? I cannot find it anywhere in my service manuals... and like I said previously because of government regulations Ford cant desensitize the tire pressure how can they get away with the air bags being desensitize... I think you are wrong here and I cant say 100% yet but I will find out soon. Can you say 100% you are sure that this is a fact? There is 2 stages of deployment for the air bags but its based on occupant and occupant weight

I thought it was in the Raptor supplemental manual.

Yukon Joe
Delta Force
Snoball500 Support Raptor