Raptor Assault Turbo Adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what the guys at 5star say about the SPD adapters.
"As for the SPD's they are the real deal. Good for 25-28 hp. We've used their stuff for years and they will tell it like it is. Good product for minimal investment. Main thing they do is to improve flow, reduce back pressure and lower EGT's."
So I ordered a set today.

jakeO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not much of a turbo guy so I won't dispute any fundamental truths in that regard.

I hear what you're preaching and I want to buy in... but I'm not so sure without proof of concept.

I'm going to make up variables to illustrate my point.

Let's say the engine produces a flow and a pressure coming out of the combustion chamber.

Let's say that flow is based on a resistance with (X) number of resistance at the turbo outlet as well as the rest of the exhaust system... for a given change in Pressure with a fixed resistance you'll generate a rate of flow.

Flow = change in pressure over resistance.

If you decrease the resistance you will decrease the flow rate but potentially move an equal volume of air or even a greater volume...

What spools the turbo? The exhaust flowing through the turbine right? If the exhaust flows through with less velocity because you decreased the resistance... isn't the turbo going to spin slower?

Someone who has had college level physics in the last 20 years, probably could explain this better.

This coming from the GUY that bought a $1200+ cat back for better sound / better flow and stated that with the cat back the truck felt faster. If the exhaust directly after the turbo is restricted how would a cat back help that?

Here is what the guys at 5star say about the SPD adapters.
"As for the SPD's they are the real deal. Good for 25-28 hp. We've used their stuff for years and they will tell it like it is. Good product for minimal investment. Main thing they do is to improve flow, reduce back pressure and lower EGT's."
So I ordered a set today.

good to see. My mod bug is biting but have to wait and get a list together first

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The real science behind these adapters is beyond me so I won't pretend to have a point of view on whether they work or not.

What I do know is that this -

1. They are a lot of work to put on
2. They add 20 hp. ish.
3. I have not seen a single dyno so far showing what they add. Not one. Just a lot of guys debating them back and forth.

I know some of you are going all out and tuning your trucks. Why not just go out and do a proper dyno and put this question to bed once and for all? I'm sure SPD would even be willing to pay for your dyno run. At least they should, if they stand behind their product.

OP
OP
B

Bevan11

Reaction score
I had mine installed today! I didn't think 300 for install is bad. I don't know how much of an increase it takes for you to feel it but I definitely can feel the difference. You can also here the turbo sound a good bit more!

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine installed today! I didn't think 300 for install is bad. I don't know how much of an increase it takes for you to feel it but I definitely can feel the difference. You can also here the turbo sound a good bit more!

Im surprised you can hear the turbo more. Thats cool.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im surprised you can hear the turbo more. Thats cool.
Yes you can hear the turbos from the exhaust. The truck has a deeper tone. I imagine the Borla will be better with this on too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This coming from the GUY that bought a $1200+ cat back for better sound / better flow and stated that with the cat back the truck felt faster. If the exhaust directly after the turbo is restricted how would a cat back help that?

good to see. My mod bug is biting but have to wait and get a list together first

Easy there boss...

I'm speculating... not preaching that it does or doesn't work.

If it works... someone show me the proof... and I'll have them installed. I already got burned with a lousy exhaust so I'd rather not get burned again.