R.I.P.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chavante

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like everyone to bow their head and say a little prayer for my 2011 Raptor whose life was cut short. Please also ask the good Lord to forgive the complete idiot who rear ended me. It seems you don't even need to speak english in the state of Virginia to obtain a drivers license. The only words you need to learn are, "Unforeseen Medical Event." If you use these magic words after you hit someone going 50 MPH in the rear, you or your insurance company are not liable for any damages. They must hand out a pamphlet at immigration that tells you how to screw over the system. Luckily for me, I'm fully insured against such idiots. Here is what I learned:

A Raptor can take a full on rear end hit from a Toyota Tundra and not crumple like a beer can. Any other car and we would have needed the jaws of life. Pictures attached (I hope)

Replacement insurance is the way to go. They will pay me full replacement cost including tax, tags, fees, and title for a new 2014 Raptor. If you don't have it, GET IT!

You can negotiate a total loss with the insurance companies. They wanted to weld in new sections of frame and twist it back into shape. I'm sure I don't need to explain how messed up that would have been. I said I would get an independent adjuster and they decided to total it.

Whiplash Sucks!

So, even after all the aggravating transmission/driveshaft clunks and other minor issues, I do see a 2014 Raptor in my very near future. Any suggestions on colors?

Awesome photos! As a former tundra XSP and now Raptor owner that's great to see.

2011's rule, that torsen front diff has issues.... but Ruby Red is amazing... next to black:peace:

Good luck on the new ride!

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the Ford dealer today. Going with the Ruby Red SE with all the extras. One of the members asked, "Who has replacement insurance?" The answer; Allstate. You can get it for up to three years after the purchase of a brand new vehicle.

I'm with State Farm up here in Canada (soon to be bought out by Desjardins Insurance in Jan 2015) and have "replacement value" on my truck for the first two years...it just expired this past February. I had inquired about keeping that clause on my policy but it gets prohibitively expensive after the first two years.

Baddkarmaracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck!! Thanks for the tip on Allstate. Does that work if the truck is stolen too? First thing my Dad said when I got the truck was make sure you get full insurance because that beauty is gonna get stolen! Of course he lives in Northern Mexico (Weslaco, TX) so he has to worry about stuff like that all time! ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mine hasn't been stolen I live in Harlingen, work in donna and leave it sitting places in McAllen all the time.

Bearii

Reaction score
mine hasn't been stolen I live in Harlingen, work in donna and leave it sitting places in McAllen all the time.

I keep telling my Dad not to listen to all the hype of the media. I think sometimes as we age we tend to get a bit more paranoid. :wink: I'll be back there for the first week of April, any interesting Raptor get togethers happening down that way that week?

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I hate to see Raptors in pain....poor baby.

Glad you are ok though, but don't let the insurance company force you to close your injury case until you are ready. At least dealing with your insurance shouldn't be terrible. Have you seen a chiropractor?

I got smashed by an old lady in a jaguar when i lived in SoCal, pushed the trunk of my neon into the back seat. Her insurance was a nightmare.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blows about your truck. I get absolutely bananas when shit like this happens, and it is totally beyond me how we let the gubbermint get away with this kind of crap. Anything stopping you from suing the perp for your out of pocket?

My contribution to caption....

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 47

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel a lot better today. I just parked a ruby red se in the driveway. The only thing missing on the truck is the tail gate step. I really liked that on my 2011.

Congrats on the new truck.
What are you planning on doing to the SE now? Exhaust, CAI, Tune, headers, Bumpers, etc... :what:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk