R.I.P.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bearii

Reaction score
I went to the Ford dealer today. Going with the Ruby Red SE with all the extras. One of the members asked, "Who has replacement insurance?" The answer; Allstate. You can get it for up to three years after the purchase of a brand new vehicle. The insurance plays a tricky game with this. In order to total a car the damage has to be greater than 75% of the value. So, the more the car is worth, the less likely the insurance company is going to total it. That means they will rarely ever have to pay out replacement cost on a new vehicle. What saved my bacon was the salvage value of the Raptor (20K) along with 22K in damages. Allstate wrote it off as a constructive loss and will send me a check for the MSRP of a 2014 with the same equipment.

Congrats on the new truck!! Thanks for the tip on Allstate. Does that work if the truck is stolen too? First thing my Dad said when I got the truck was make sure you get full insurance because that beauty is gonna get stolen! Of course he lives in Northern Mexico (Weslaco, TX) so he has to worry about stuff like that all time! ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jsmcgregor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think so but I'm not entirely sure. I've been with allstate since back in the 80s when sears owned them. They have always treated me well. Give them a call

OP
OP
J

jsmcgregor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with allstate and couldn't be happier. Put my title in the mail and getting 61K to replace my truck. I will actually make a few dollars on the deal. What should my first mod be? Headers and CAI? Bumpers and Lights? Any suggestions?

D

Deleted member 12951

Been with Allstate myself since 1981. Knew about that coverage but thought you had to be on their most expensive plan, Platinum or add it as an option to a lesser plan?

Sent using Tapatalk

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Well, as a fellow dead Raptor survivor I will extend all my condolences to you and your family. I hope his soul rests in peace.

And I'm glad you are getting a new one. That's the best part, forming a new relationship and getting back in the Raptor!

OP
OP
J

jsmcgregor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been with Allstate myself since 1981. Knew about that coverage but thought you had to be on their most expensive plan, Platinum or add it as an option to a lesser plan?

Sent using Tapatalk

I do have the platinum plan. To be honest, I didn't realize I had the coverage until my agent told me. The adjuster didn't realize I had it either.