Front camera sprayer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TateJohnson

Reaction score
I’m not sure if I’m chasing a simple fix or just being a new raptor owner and not knowing, but I can’t seem to get the front camera sprayer to work for the life of me. I thought that maybe you had to have the front camera activate for it to work so I tried both 4l and diff lock/off-road mode. Neither made the sprayer work. I disconnected the hose the front sprayer and tried to see if it was a clog it if it’s the motor but when sprayed the windshield sprayers work fine and the hose to the front stops completely. (See attached video) if anyone has any tips or has ran into this problem that would be amazing.
View attachment IMG_5724.MOV

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that looks like you have a hole in your front camera hose, or not connected correctly? You should also be able to manually pull that front sprayer out some to make sure its not jammed somehow!

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My front camera doesn't engage anymore and hasent for years and i have no idea why, no matter what setting i have 4wd set in..... I cannot do bring myself to take it to a stealer to make work. Don't think the squirter has ever worked....

Looking forward to what you find out. Then maybe I'll dig into it deeper.

OP
OP
TateJohnson

TateJohnson

Reaction score
that looks like you have a hole in your front camera hose, or not connected correctly? You should also be able to manually pull that front sprayer out some to make sure its not jammed somehow!
yup, that yellow/white elbow you can see in the video was the one running up to the front camera, i have disconnected it in multiple places and still have nothing....

My front camera doesn't engage anymore and hasent for years and i have no idea why, no matter what setting i have 4wd set in..... I cannot do bring myself to take it to a stealer to make work. Don't think the squirter has ever worked....

Im starting to think it might be a pump problem, I've found a OEM replacement on OEM parts online for about $21. I will probably get that on order and will keep you posted....
Here is the part number for reference: 7L2Z-17664-A

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yup, that yellow/white elbow you can see in the video was the one running up to the front camera, i have disconnected it in multiple places and still have nothing....

Im starting to think it might be a pump problem, I've found a OEM replacement on OEM parts online for about $21. I will probably get that on order and will keep you posted....
Here is the part number for reference: 7L2Z-17664-A
If you pull the head light the pump is right there. It has 2 outputs. AKA squirter ports. LOL
Ask me how I know!!
PS the part you listed only has one port. JUSt FYI

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine squirts---even in Park! does not need to be in any special mode-press button

OP
OP
TateJohnson

TateJohnson

Reaction score
I don’t have much to blame this one on. Not sure how I overlooked this one so hard but here we are. I rolled that back and lo and behold fluid came squirting out. ‍I’ll chalk it under being a 20 year old, whos first car was a 2003 Chevy Tahoe with 0 features like this unit of a truck. Ya live and learn

Attachments

• 1BD38AA5-C8FD-4C9E-B46A-F463C038DCBB.jpeg
    1BD38AA5-C8FD-4C9E-B46A-F463C038DCBB.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
TateJohnson

TateJohnson

Reaction score

^^^