Previous frame damage??? need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SJMICP

SJMICP

Reaction score
First off MTF thanks for the PM I had it subscribed to email with every reply... But apperantly that didn't work... I called the dealership and I'm going in on Monday... I knew about the frame "weak spot" issue and I checked it out when I was looking at the truck, but you only see that white paint when you drop the spare. And to recap my leafs are upside down?!?!? I have my "inspection sheet" so I'm going to raise hell on monday. Again thank you all I'm proud to be a part of this group.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

And the truck wasn't jacked up. Just sitting on all 4 in my driveway.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your welcome!
Wow, I would raise hell and then see what their going to do for you about the springs.
That's just plain unsafe.

Having said that, do the spring upgrade anyway the stock springs suck even brand new. LOL

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well you can raise all of the hell you want but first read what is involved in the Ford Certified Used Vehicle definition. That will tell you what if any recourse that you have from them. Work it from that angle rather just from it is just not right emotional standpoint. If it is a Ford backed certification them immediately involve Detroit in this. The Raptor is a vehicle that is prone to having Ford deny claims due to claimed abuse. In this case if they are at fault for over looking something yet put it in writing that it is to specification then you have something to work from.

OP
OP
SJMICP

SJMICP

Reaction score
Well the only "evidence" I have is the inspection sheet. There are 3 box's the technician can check either "passed" "repaired" or "replaced" and under the frame and suspenaion section everything is checked passed so hopefully I can use that...

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well the only "evidence" I have is the inspection sheet. There are 3 box's the technician can check either "passed" "repaired" or "replaced" and under the frame and suspenaion section everything is checked passed so hopefully I can use that...

Ok--this is going to get long I am afraid.

READ WHAT I ASKED YOU TO!!!

The certification of the vehicle will come with many pages of documentation (fine print) read it and understand it. If you cannot find someone that does. It is important for you to do this so that your going forward position is not just one of a 10 year old stopping his feet.

To go in and specifically cite language in the “certification” that is directly contradicted in the photographic evidence you have is important. Additionally, you may be able to return the vehicle and get your money back ( I know I would on this truck) because the “certification” that was provided is in fact null because it did not meet the requirements period end of discussion. As an additional negotiation point add that you find these very pronounced defects easy to detect in short limited inspection and that being a “certified” vehicle with the backing of Ford you were not compelled to do your own “comprehensive” evaluation of the truck. As such how many other non-compliant or defective area’s according to Ford’s certification criteria was the inspecting Dealer negligent in detecting….

Last edited:
OP
OP
SJMICP

SJMICP

Reaction score
Thanks Boss, I've been working 24's and lack of sleep is causing "me no read good -itis". I get what you're saying and i pulled out all the paperwork that was given to me and called Ford's CPO line to get the ball rolling, lady on the phone agrees with my concerns. Finishing up my coffee then headed to the dealership, i'll let you all know how it goes. Thanks again!

-Robert

OP
OP
SJMICP

SJMICP

Reaction score
Hey all, just got back from the dealership and this is where I'm at. They put the truck on the rack and after watching 4-5 technicians poke around with a flashlight the assistant service manager finally called me back to reveal their findings. In a nutshell the tech did advise the manger there was some "positioning" of the the bump stops that was not normal. And the coil over was "weeping" not leaking. It was kind of humorous the amount of times the manager basically repeated what the tech said, but with different wording (I'm guessing not to omit guilt or damage). AS of now they are sending the truck to their "frame and body guy" and sent me home with a rental (paid for). Now I'm just waiting for a phone call I guess....

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Did not say a word about the leafs.