Perch mod for 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dakinesux

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to the site and am happy to announce that my 2012 Raptor has arrived after a 5 month wait from the initial order that seemed like forever. I will be picking it up on Monday!

My question is, has anyone with a 2012 done the front suspension perch mod yet? I was told by the dealer that the Fox Shocks haven't changed, but something had changed in the mounting, so they were "told by Ford not to touch them". Is this true? If so, then what other steps were necessary to get the mod done?

ITSALLGOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats and good question , I would be interested in the answer to that question as well , my 2012 should be here on the 16th .

rhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats and I will let you know if there are any new obstacles in the perch settings Tuesday after we get mine apart.

pbrprince

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to the site and am happy to announce that my 2012 Raptor has arrived after a 5 month wait from the initial order that seemed like forever. I will be picking it up on Monday!

My question is, has anyone with a 2012 done the front suspension perch mod yet? I was told by the dealer that the Fox Shocks haven't changed, but something had changed in the mounting, so they were "told by Ford not to touch them". Is this true? If so, then what other steps were necessary to get the mod done?

I have done Perch (top) on my raptor 2012, It was done by my ford dealer so there is no issue with warranty. I paid two hours labor charge $150.

I gave them step by step instruction by SDHQ - Adjusting your front Fox Coil-Overs

I have been told that it could take up to 5 hours to do perch adjustment but with SDHQ guide it took only 2 and saved my lots of money. :peace:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, there's no change with the 2012 vs the 2010 or 2011. I really want to do mine, but I might not fit in the garage and I really don't want to lose my plush and amazing ride. Before anyone calls me out, I did the middle-perch on my Supercab and it was a different ride for ME.