People suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time to clean out your garage.

I couldn't stomach spending $45k on a vehicle and leaving it outside. If it didn't fit in my garage I wouldn't have bought it.

Sucks to hear about this, but these trucks are way to wide to park on the street. I couldn't sleep if mine was sitting street side.
Time to determine how much the crap in your garage is worth. Is it worth putting it in a storage facility? if not, time to go to the dump..

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Which is why I am moving to a secured apartment where I get three parking spaces for my truck and the toys- but it will still get unwanted attention.

That's part of the accounting you should do when you buy it- costs and risk assessment to give you an idea of how big of a hole it can burn.

But funny thing is you don't get people scratching an expensive Benz as much. I think the jealousy factor is higher with the Raptor.

OP
OP
RevlimitrSVT

RevlimitrSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sucks to hear about this, but these trucks are way to wide to park on the street. I couldn't sleep if mine was sitting street side.
Time to determine how much the crap in your garage is worth. Is it worth putting it in a storage facility? if not, time to go to the dump..

what makes you think I have crap in my garage? and what makes you think anything I have in my garage is worth less than my Raptor?People build garages for a reason, You know what they say about assumptions right?:mf_pcwhack:. Even if I did move one of the cars out of the garage the Raptor still wouldnt fit anyway.

as far as spending $45k on a truck pretty much any truck I would have bought would have cost me that much or more, have you priced new trucks lately? I love my Raptor and its my pride and joy but it is also my DD and my bed is loaded and hauling something at least 3 days a week. What pissed me off about all this is the fact that somebody hit my truck with something when it was basically parked out of the way on a side street that doesn't get much traffic. THey shouldnt have been there first place and they should have had the respect and common sense to leave someone elses shit alone. Had I damaged my truck driving off road or while using it as a truck it probably wouldnt have pissed me off(as much).

Like I said ,People suck

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what makes you think I have crap in my garage? and what makes you think anything I have in my garage is worth less than my Raptor?People build garages for a reason, You know what they say about assumptions right?:mf_pcwhack:. Even if I did move one of the cars out of the garage the Raptor still wouldnt fit anyway.

as far as spending $45k on a truck pretty much any truck I would have bought would have cost me that much or more, have you priced new trucks lately? I love my Raptor and its my pride and joy but it is also my DD and my bed is loaded and hauling something at least 3 days a week. What pissed me off about all this is the fact that somebody hit my truck with something when it was basically parked out of the way on a side street that doesn't get much traffic. THey shouldnt have been there first place and they should have had the respect and common sense to leave someone elses shit alone. Had I damaged my truck driving off road or while using it as a truck it probably wouldnt have pissed me off(as much).

Like I said ,People suck

I would put it in my garage but both bays are full so it's Street parking for me till I can move out of this ******** city. The county i live in has the second highest crime rate in the state and I'm only a few blocks from the hood so it's only a matter of time till things get worse here. So it looks like security cameras will be my next step.

This is why I said what I did: (quote from your earlier post) " I would put it in my garage but both bays are full"

Then you come back all pissed off because apparently you feel I insulted whatever is in the garage and you say that the Raptor wouldn't fit.

Either it fits or not, that is for you to decide.

I didn't assume anything, but let me rephrase: Time to determine if the property in your garage is worth keeping in the garage.

Sorry your Raptor was damaged, but If you park on the street, stuff like this is going to happen.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't trust anyone and although I live in a relatively safe community, I am usually the one that goes out and slams the 14-15 year olds here for racing their dirt bikes and four wheelers up and down my deed end rode so I have video surveillance on the front of the house and a Carpa 120 in the truck recording in front of and inside the truck at all times.

OP
OP
RevlimitrSVT

RevlimitrSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nv guy I wasn't pissed off or insulted, it was meant to be taken in a joking manner which is why I put the emoticon and the joke about assumptions there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nv guy I wasn't pissed off or insulted, it was meant to be taken in a joking manner which is why I put the emoticon and the joke about assumptions there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ah, OK, so I can be a little dense.....either way, it sucks that your Raptor was damaged and I would be pissed beyond belief.

How do you sleep at night? I sure couldn't if my Raptor was outside. I have a hell of time at hotels and such. My paranoia is well founded due to the following. Parking on the street & driveway has got me: One car totaled, one stolen, one ran into by a kid on a bike, one backed into by a neighbor, several break-in's, lots of eggings & misc scratches.
Then I left CA.......

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you not have a driveway? If I park in front of my house on the street for more than 3 hours I get a ticket.

CLM

Reaction score
Had something similar happen to our neighbor across the street. Was a dent and downward arching scratch. He came over to see if anyone had been at our house and maybe backed into him. We hadn't had any guest and someone backing in would have left a straight dent/scratch.
Then we were talking to the neighbor next to him and he shows up the softball size rock that he picked up in front of his driveway that morning. Looks like some teenagers drove by and chunked the rock at his car.

About a week later we had a string of trash cans being thrown at mailboxes. This was all the first week of summer for the local school. I think someone had been watching dazed and confused.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That my friend, was caused by the handlebar of a bike...

I agree. You're looking for a kid with remnants of your truck on the tip of one handlebar or the other. When you find him, don't let the bike out of your possession until you show the evidence to the little shit's parents.

Before I even ordered my truck I compared its measurements on the Ford site with the dimensions of my garage. It would fit with inches to spare if I rearranged everything in the garage. Then I measured again. Only THEN did I place the order at the dealer. No way was I going to leave $41,000 around outside.

Last edited: