Parking Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MB RAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new manufactured parking brake cables are now available. Mine will be in next week to fix the issue of it not releasing all the way and leaving the light on.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Without looking under the dash at the parking brake lever and switch, I wonder whether one might modify or reposition the switch. Maybe just putting one of those little rubber caps on the end of the plunger on the switch might do it, or something similar.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to see you using your waiting time to document problems. I hope you focus on how great the Raptor is once you get it.

just getting a checklist going. I have no doubt I'll love the vehicle.

My first ducati was a mid nineties 916. I was about 5 miles from my house when I felt my crotch get very wet and very cold. Figuring I was too young for incontinence, I pull over to find out that the full pump at the bottom of the gas tank popped it's connector and was spraying gas all over me at 80 mph on the highway!

I called my wife who followed me home the last 5 miles with me pushing my bike in just about the only area in DFW with hills.

I bout had a heart attack, and my wife asked me if I was going to sell it now that it had a problem, I said no, I was now married to it!

same deal on Raptor. can't wait for it.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2012 has the same problem with parking break , Its annoying as hell! but not as bad as those horrible sounding speakers. Sony should be ashamed to put there name on those.
I cant figure out how to pop those grills off so I can change them.

Last edited:

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats this parking brake thing yall speak of?

I never use mine, and I have a 6% driveway I park on every day.

OP
OP
R

RaptorToy

Reaction score
Took it to the dealer yesterday, they contacted Ford Corporate and they are sending a new parking brake cable. :)

Drewa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should try mine today, I have not used it since buying the truck. I just put it in Park and get out.

OP
OP
R

RaptorToy

Reaction score
They got a new "Left Rear Park Brake Cable" and now the parking brake works perfectly! The orginal cable appears to have been too long.

Drewa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I agree Justvettn, the stereo is bad, I plan to upgrade mine soon, I like quality sound, not this things trashy sound.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc