Parking Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MB RAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, mine is a 2012. I never received a notice either. I took it in because the light wouldn't go out without me lifting the parking brake as I released it.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
interesting. I never would have noticed it on mine for months on end. I never use the parking brake unless I'm loading/unloading my trailer.

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the P brake after putting the vehicle in park but before taking foot off the brake pedal--to help take strain off the parking brake...especially if I'm on any sort of incline. It saves the car from making that 1-2 inch roll onto the parking brake after letting off the brake pedal @ shut down. It helps things last longer/run better. The P light not going out isnt a huge issue, just wish something that minor was caught by Ford and fixed before year (4) of the Raptor.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use the P brake after putting the vehicle in park but before taking foot off the brake pedal--to help take strain off the parking brake...especially if I'm on any sort of incline. It saves the car from making that 1-2 inch roll onto the parking brake after letting off the brake pedal @ shut down. It helps things last longer/run better. The P light not going out isnt a huge issue, just wish something that minor was caught by Ford and fixed before year (4) of the Raptor.

the parking paw is one of the strongest, if not THE strongest thing in the transmission. Dr. Gregg Evans detailed a lot on the 4R100's on the L boards years ago, he was Ford's engineer who had a lot to do with the development of the 4R100 and said you can practically do whatever you want, you're not going to hurt that parking paw, even parked on a hill, with a loaded trailer behind you, and you get that loud pop shifting it out of park from the paw releasing. I'm sure the design of that is similar in the 6R80.

The only time I use mine is for loading the trailer, and not for any stresses on the drivetrain, but to keep the trailer from rocking as much.

OP
OP
R

RaptorToy

Reaction score
The parking brake assembly came in today and the dealer swapped it out. The brake seems to work correctly now, it comes fully up and turns the warning light off correctly. They did not replace the cable.

OP
OP
R

RaptorToy

Reaction score
Frustrating, the same problem came back within 24 hours. Must be something other than the Parking Brake assembly. Back to the dealer. :(

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would love to see one thread where everyone who has a '12 lists out the problems found.

so far I think I've seen:

parking brake light on
power steering pressure hose failure
left marker light disconnected.

i am sure there are more, and seeing how I should have mine in about 2 weeks, I want a printed list to go over AT the dealer before I drive it home.

thank you.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would love to see one thread where everyone who has a '12 lists out the problems found.

so far I think I've seen:

parking brake light on
power steering pressure hose failure
left marker light disconnected.

i am sure there are more, and seeing how I should have mine in about 2 weeks, I want a printed list to go over AT the dealer before I drive it home.

thank you.

Sorry to see you using your waiting time to document problems. I hope you focus on how great the Raptor is once you get it.