Parking Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorToy

Reaction score
I love my new raptor but within 24 hours of bringing it home the parking brake light stays on. After taking it to the dealer it turns out they need to order a new parking brake foot assembly. I believe the spring in the foot pedal (which can not be adjusted) is not strong enough to lift the pedal up to where it fully contacts the light switch. For now I just have to lift the pedal with my hand at the very end so it locks in the up position with it contacting the switch. The part will take 1 month to come in. :( Has anyone else had this problem?

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my new raptor but within 24 hours of bringing it home the parking brake light stays on. After taking it to the dealer it turns out they need to order a new parking brake foot assembly. I believe the spring in the foot pedal (which can not be adjusted) is not strong enough to lift the pedal up to where it fully contacts the light switch. For now I just have to lift the pedal with my hand at the very end so it locks in the up position with it contacting the switch. The part will take 1 month to come in. :( Has anyone else had this problem?

That sucks. Another issue in first two weeks on a 2012 model. I am speechless. Hopefully your part arrives sooner than 30 days. I am really lookiing forward to taking delivery next week BUT.....am now going to be skeptical of the following:

-Leather quality or lack thereof
-Headlights or lack thereof
-Stereo/speakers or lack thereof
-Coolant spilage
-TPMS Readings (looking at another thead on this one)
-Brake Light
*And that's before I even take delivery!

As I've said before though, this thread may have bad nws but it started/ended like the others by members stating they still love their truck! At least we know the engine, tranny, wheels and tires and shocks all work fine! :waytogo:

ITSALLGOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make it happen !

Talk to the Service Manager , they should just pull one off another F 150 on the lot and then they can wait till one comes in to replace it with .( problem solved) beg , borrow , or , steel , just take care of the damn customer !

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score

Never used mine so far so I don't even know if it works. Hummmmmm?

BDRAG

OP
OP
R

RaptorToy

Reaction score
My guess is since Tautog's is **** the same thing it is most likely a minor quality control problem with the supplier who built the foot brake assembly. Not a big deal, just a nuisance until it is fixed. It's too bad they don't make the return spring in the foot brake adjustable. The Raptor is a blast to drive! I will post an update when they repair it and let everyone know what exactly was changed.

mpyle101

Reaction score

Yep. Usually I have to set it and release it a couple times to get the sensor realize the brake is off. Haven't taken it back to the dealer yet, but will when I find the time.

MB RAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a recall on the cable, it is too long. Ford is remanufacturing a shorter one. The service department told me it can't be adjusted... You need to contact your service department so they can get one on order.
Hope this helps.
MB