Painted Door Handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duke240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much was the handles and any trick to handle swap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

About $250 for all 3 handles for my scab. It would be about $70 cheaper if you don't have the key pad handle.

There isn't really anything tricky about it. Pretty strait forward as long as you pay attention how you are taking things apart.... I took pics as I went thru it just in case.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 78

Duke240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two pins are the only things holding the actual handles on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 74

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
You suck! You took my idea! haha!

We've had rain for past week or cold weather, but today should be ideal weather so I'll be spraying mine after lunch today. I sanded them down last night. I'm doing same thing, but I'm using all aftermarket smooth handles. I was glad to see your pictures, unfortunately these handles only one pin can be taken out that's metal. The other one (spring side) is non-removable so I did the next best thing and taped mine off. I was hoping to put my stock textured ones in lieu of the smooth black handle.

I have about $120 in the 2 door handles (with keypad) including tail gate and paint.

Duke240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You suck! You took my idea! haha!

We've had rain for past week or cold weather, but today should be ideal weather so I'll be spraying mine after lunch today. I sanded them down last night. I'm doing same thing, but I'm using all aftermarket smooth handles. I was glad to see your pictures, unfortunately these handles only one pin can be taken out that's metal. The other one (spring side) is non-removable so I did the next best thing and taped mine off. I was hoping to put my stock textured ones in lieu of the smooth black handle.

I have about $120 in the 2 door handles (with keypad) including tail gate and paint.

NO NO NO.... If you are are talking about the factory (textured) handles on the truck, you can take them apart and configure them the way you want.
:sawzall: it might take a little persuasion with a hammer and a punch but if you are careful you won't break anything.

Does your handles look like this:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 67

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine just got finished today. Textured handles with painted surrounds. And I had my uncle shoot the flares while he was at it. I've got a chubby for my truck and I can't wait to see her again tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 105