Now Rolling on BFG Projects 35s DOTs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ronky

Reaction score
You can turn around and sell your stock tires to recoup some of that money.

I had thought of that. Only problem is, I'm afraid running the Bajas in snow or ice would be like driving on a skating rink. I'm in NJ. While we don't necessarily get dumped on year to year, it definitely gets cold here (except for this year).

For that reason, I kicked around the idea of storing the stock tires for, let's say, November through March. And running the Bajas when it warms up.

Ronky

Reaction score
Feedback Please

Lance,

I'm about to pull the trigger on these things too! Any further feedback? Do you like them, hate them or what?

Summer temps here average around 85 - 90 so I'm not too concerned about that. Just looking for some new feedback from you before I take the 2,800 dollar plunge!

Thanks.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
These are not street tires. If you spend more than 50% of your time on pavement, I don't suggest them. I am running a set right now, and they are amazing in the dirt, but the drive to and from the dirt is painful.

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are not street tires. If you spend more than 50% of your time on pavement, I don't suggest them. I am running a set right now, and they are amazing in the dirt, but the drive to and from the dirt is painful.

I couldn't agree more. I ran them on my last ruck, and while I loved the performance in the dirt, as well as the security of the tire, I hated them on the street.

Every morning they will rattle you to death for about 5 to 10 minutes untill they warm up and the flat spot disappears.

OP
OP
Lance Vincent

Lance Vincent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hay Hay, I was outa the loop for a bit. we just had our little girl. sorry for slow reply heheh dont get much time on here now.

BlueDino

Reaction score

Could you elaborate on why?
And are they good on snow or ice?

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. I ran them on my last ruck, and while I loved the performance in the dirt, as well as the security of the tire, I hated them on the street.

Every morning they will rattle you to death for about 5 to 10 minutes untill they warm up and the flat spot disappears.

You had the Non-Dots though, right?

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
They don't make a 35x17" Baja that is non DOT. To clarify the 35" is a BFG Baja with project tread. The 37" has the stepped side ribs. An extra ply and is not dot.

These things are amazing in the dirt. Don't chip out like the ATs. But I absolutely don't suggest them for pavement. They shake. They follow every groove in the pavement. Suck in rain. Not sure about snow or ice. We never get any.

If anyone has an extra 35x17 Baja they want to sell. I am looking for one.