Now Rolling on BFG Projects 35s DOTs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Lance Vincent

Lance Vincent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2nd day report.

Got up this am temp was around 67 per what the dash said.

Did notice flat spots aka thumping at first drive off. Was smooth after 5 miles of driving.

Also i am running tires at 45 psi to get the TPMS light to go off.
Says run 35 psi on the tire.

So i will prob break them back down and weld up a can to put the TPMS in or build one out of pvc.

The tires at 45psi feel little stuff in the road. so today im going to play with working my way down from 45psi and see how truck feels at lower psi.

Any one with these tires what psi are you at ???

Also i got six tires may part with two of them ??? or just keep one for spare??
sell one and stock spare?
Just havent made up my mind yet.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Will get a pic next to the stocker when i pull off spare to get it mounted.

DZRT1134RAt

Reaction score
I run 26 psi in mine. Flat spots are the down fall to running projects. Non DOT 37's

Attachments

• ashleyraptor.jpg
    ashleyraptor.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 326

Ronky

Reaction score
Newbie here. Thus, possible newbie question.

I'm picking up my 2012 this coming week. I fell in love with these tires a while back and still would like to grab a set (and keep the stock All Terrain in the garage for the cold weather). Getting to the point, I didn't realize the Project tire would fit on a OEM Raptor rim. I honestly had thought I'd need to swap wheels as well. However, from looking at the above photos, I'm quite stunned.

So the projects DO INDEED fit, plug-n-play on a 2012 Raptor OEM wheel?

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

One last thing too ...

I didn't know any of the Project tires could be had in a DOT approved format. About to reasarch BFG web site (thought I had done this research a few months back).

Any suggestions as to retailer where these shoes can be had? I'm located in north-central NJ.

OP
OP
Lance Vincent

Lance Vincent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took me two months to find my set had to buy 6 i got a deal but still $ 600.00each.

They do flat spot in the AM but drive out after about 5 miles.

Ronky

Reaction score
Lance,

So I can literally just buy these: Off Road Warehouse - Tires BFG Baja T/A BFG BAJA TA 35X12.5R17/6

And have them installed on the OEM wheels?

Am I crazy or did BFG not make the DOT-approved version of these in 35" like a year ago??? For some reason, I really thought I only saw 37s when I first looked into this.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

TOTALLY SICK! And nearly bomb-proof! Me wants ... Only problem is, how do I hand over 50k to my dealer (this week) and then turn around and cough up 2,800 for new rubber?