Note to Ford, re: Raptor "market adjustments"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If Ford relied on enthusiasts buying Raptors they wouldn't sell any.....still trying to figure out why a doctor, contractor, or someone that doesn't get on this forum means anything

I think you misunderstood my post.

I was saying
1) far more raptors will be sold than demons so I think the market will adjust regardless of pressure from Ford.
2) lost of folks that buy raptors aren't enthusiasts - meaning they won't mod them or keep them for very long which will result in plenty of second hand availability. I mentioned the two in my neighborhood as an example of 'non enthusiasts' - no real point other than that.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Forcing a dealer to sell a hot vehicle for list price means there will be far more demand than supply. In those situations only customers with a special relationship with a dealer will be invited to buy one. Ferrari is notorious for this practice. Since dealers cannot mark up the cars, dealers force you to buy 2 or 3 used Ferraris before they invite you to buy a new one.

Personally I would rather be given the option to buy a car at a markup, than not being able to buy one at list price because the dealer sold all his allocations to his buddies.

For those that complain Ford should make more trucks, they will. If Ford forecasts demand for 100k Raptors over a 4 year run, they will make 25k/yr. Supply will be tight in the early days, but there is no way around that. Either you pay the dealer markup if you want one now, or you wait until demand normalizes. It is your choice.

And for the record, I got my Raptor at MSRP because I did my homework and was willing to go out of state.

ekaz

Reaction score
There are only 3000 Demons being made (this year anyway) and each will be serialized and personalized to the owner so if a dealer orders under a fake name, that car will be 'branded' in that fake name. Easy way to get around the markup too, 2 separate transactions, I'll hold your spot for 5k and then sell you the car for msrp. I'm just dipping my toes into the Raptor market and seems about the same as the SRT market. Lol

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Forcing a dealer to sell a hot vehicle for list price means there will be far more demand than supply. In those situations only customers with a special relationship with a dealer will be invited to buy one. Ferrari is notorious for this practice. Since dealers cannot mark up the cars, dealers force you to buy 2 or 3 used Ferraris before they invite you to buy a new one.

Personally I would rather be given the option to buy a car at a markup, than not being able to buy one at list price because the dealer sold all his allocations to his buddies.

For those that complain Ford should make more trucks, they will. If Ford forecasts demand for 100k Raptors over a 4 year run, they will make 25k/yr. Supply will be tight in the early days, but there is no way around that. Either you pay the dealer markup if you want one now, or you wait until demand normalizes. It is your choice.

And for the record, I got my Raptor at MSRP because I did my homework and was willing to go out of state.

I agree. The dealers should be able to sell their vehicles for whatever the market will support.