Note to Ford, re: Raptor "market adjustments"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And for the record, I got my Raptor at MSRP because I did my homework and was willing to go out of state.

Same here... but it would have been swell if I had been able to roll up to my local dealer and pay MSRP. So now, instead of getting whatever margin exists at MSRP in addition to holdback, my local dealer(s) got **** all out of me.

Things worked out well for me (I got to see an old friend when I went to go pick up my truck), but I would have preferred to buy my truck here in town (and keep my money local).

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bravo Dodge! But I'm sure it was also a marketing strategy to inspire stronger brand loyalty and serve as a spring board for Dodge's new vehicles and rummored Rebel TRX.

But nevertheless good job Dodge for being a bit more transparent with the ordering and allocation process.

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If they are SO in demand and will command a huge markup, why not just build more? I get that some people will not buy it for collectability reasons if there are 30,000 made vs 3,000- but if they can sell all 30,000, who cares about those types of people anyways?

Why are the dealers the bad guys for selling to the highest bidder when the manufacturer cannot produce enough of their product to meet demand? If you owned a dealership, how would you feel about all of this?

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
Got a Demon @ msrp which in turn will be resold thru another dealer.
I get the sales tax refunded (as a dealer designate) & split the profit with the reselling dealer.

I know 3 dealers that are running auctions on their allocations.
$5k reserves your right to bid.

Other dealers are running an msrp lottery. $5k gets your name in the draw.

There are many that will gladly pay to play.

Last edited:

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Make 10k but pay 9k in tax and license? Brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add MSRP and that's a 1% daily return on investment, I'd do that every day and twice on Sundays...and retire tomorrow. Write a book on how I retired in my 40's on a 100k....it actually would be brilliant.