New Rear Suspension Set Up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The reason is you can not package a dual rate coil to perform properly and get the required travel, well on the ICON shock anyway.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

We use an ICON engineered spring that is produced by Eibach.

But he is talking about progressive not dual rate...dual rate is a whole other ball game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That was my preference after trying both the fox and icon 3.0's.

And I definitely do want my front end swaying around offroad, you want your suspension to move.
The fox coilovers are a whole lot more compliant, and handle small to medium chop a lot better than the icons. The icons did not deal with short, fast, square edged stuff at all. Digressive damping is double edged sword in offroad applications.
Both brands of coilovers are about the same on the bigger rolling whoops.

The bummer is that you did not take our no charge offer to tune the shocks and test it after, pretty sure we could have made some adjustments that would changed your thoughts. We have to have a standard for what works in our customer base to sell off the shelf, from there they can be adjusted for specific needs when required.

How is the longtravel treating you @ntm

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

But he is talking about progressive not dual rate...dual rate is a whole other ball game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was speaking on a single "dual rate" coil vs. a two coil "dual rate" configuration.

To understand more in depth, here is some info from Kris who is one of our engineers.

"To counter the requirement for a dual rate or progressive coil the ICON coilover is staged appropriately with an independently tuneable 2 stage hydraulic bump zone that has zero effect on the ride zone. The damping force provided by this feature is much more significant than a rising rate coil when the truck is into the last inches of travel. In addition to the tuneable internal bump zone, the micro cellular OE shaft bumper is providing exponentially increasing bump control more-so than any coil could be packaged to do."

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The reason is you can not package a dual rate coil to perform properly and get the required travel, well on the ICON shock anyway.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

We use an ICON engineered spring that is produced by Eibach.

Thank you, that was my assumption

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bummer is that you did not take our no charge offer to tune the shocks and test it after, pretty sure we could have made some adjustments that would changed your thoughts. We have to have a standard for what works in our customer base to sell off the shelf, from there they can be adjusted for specific needs when required.

How is the longtravel treating you

I appreciated the offer of the valving adjustment. It's just that way up in canada here, shipping costs were prohibitive. And it would have taken a few adjustments I think.

I'm loving the long travel, best of both worlds, plush ride and lots of capability in the big stuff. And easily accessed, and wide ranging, adjustment on the external bypasses for different conditions. Unfortunately, the rear lags behind now. I'm unwilling to shell out $30,000 to cage and link it, so that leaves either a bed cage sprung under, the rogue cantilever, or your new rear setup.
I'm just waiting to see which is going to be the best performing.

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I appreciated the offer of the valving adjustment. It's just that way up in canada here, shipping costs were prohibitive. And it would have taken a few adjustments I think.

I'm loving the long travel, best of both worlds, plush ride and lots of capability in the big stuff. And easily accessed, and wide ranging, adjustment on the external bypasses for different conditions. Unfortunately, the rear lags behind now. I'm unwilling to shell out $30,000 to cage and link it, so that leaves either a bed cage sprung under, the rogue cantilever, or your new rear setup.
I'm just waiting to see which is going to be the best performing.

Nice....glad it's all working out. Ya there is some big travel numbers I hear from some of those kits, so that will be a tough decision. So far all the testing done on our new rear kit (15" of travel with additional up travel over stock) is working out well.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

@ICONRep

Will the new rear shocks work with my existing ICON bumps and Deaver +2?

[FONT=&quot]Yes, if you look at the bump there is a ring installed as a spacer pushing the bump down for use with the current ICON 3.0. Once the new ICON RXT 3.0 shock is installed, you will remove that ring to get that additional up travel available. The deal with the springs is the pack must be no thicker than 3" to get the up-travel, and not contact the bump kit mount. As far as getting the full droop travel available, we will not know on other springs until they are test fitted. I talked to Dylan and he thinks the Deaver +2 will get most of the droop travel (fine on up travel)[/FONT], but again will take test fitting to be 100% sure.

BABaracus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]

[FONT=&quot]Yes, if you look at the bump there is a ring installed as a spacer pushing the bump down for use with the current ICON 3.0. Once the new ICON RXT 3.0 shock is installed, you will remove that ring to get that additional up travel available. The deal with the springs is the pack must be no thicker than 3" to get the up-travel, and not contact the bump kit mount. As far as getting the full droop travel available, we will not know on other springs until they are test fitted. I talked to Dylan and he thinks the Deaver +2 will get most of the droop travel (fine on up travel)[/FONT], but again will take test fitting to be 100% sure.[/QUOTE]

That's great news. I'll be watching. I you guys want to test on a set like mine give me a shout.

Thanks for the info.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I've got Deaver +3s... Well very interested in the testing results to see what kind of numbers you can get with the other brand springs.