New Rear Suspension Set Up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not to derail this thread but are you running stock shocks front and rear? How do you like your setup with deavers+2 and the ICON bump stops?

So I currently have the ICON bump stops and Deavers +2. So their new set up would just require their new rear shocks? Or special leafs as well?

BABaracus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to derail this thread but are you running stock shocks front and rear? How do you like your setup with deavers+2 and the ICON bump stops?

I am currently stock shocks all around (mid perch). The change to Deavers was fantastic! As far as the bump stops, well my frame seems straight so it must be working. Since I'm relatively new to this I've had my good share of oops moments while off-roading.

If it turns out that the new set up works well I would upgrade to 3.0s up front as well as these new rears since I have the ICON bumps.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Jack what is WCPR?

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am currently stock shocks all around (mid perch). The change to Deavers was fantastic! As far as the bump stops, well my frame seems straight so it must be working. Since I'm relatively new to this I've had my good share of oops moments while off-roading. If it turns out that the new set up works well I would upgrade to 3.0s up front as well as these new rears since I have the ICON bumps. ---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ---------- Jack what is WCPR?

Local group of hooligans/Raptor owners I take the truck out with. Everyone has 3.0s and aftermarket this and that. And me with just my bump stops LOL

slowest member of WCPR

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spotted this on Instagram today. Between this and Birdman's picture the new Icon rear set up seems to be getting closer to actual production. Now will this work with Deaver/National +2 or +3 springs? What about those that have the existing Icon bump setup? Looking forward to more details on this setup.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 108

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Spotted this on Instagram today. Between this and Birdman's picture the new Icon rear set up seems to be getting closer to actual production. Now will this work with Deaver/National +2 or +3 springs? What about those that have the existing Icon bump setup? Looking forward to more details on this setup.

I can vouch that this set up fuggin hauls offroad, I rode with bird at havoc and it was a blast. The leafs are suppose to be out in the next week or two and the shocks a week or two after that, they said by October end. I'm buying.

It does work with existing icon bumps, that is what the little spacer was for when you installed them, they had this rear shock setup in mind. I can' speak for use with other leaf springs.

Last edited:

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully these Fox junkies will realize that Icon is an equal alternative.

slowest member of WCPR

I'm still happy as heck with my icon 3.0 bypasses.
They've proven to be very reliable and perform very well, better the fox 3.0 bypasses I believe.
Their coilovers are a different story though, the fox 3.0 coilovers best them soundly.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm still happy as heck with my icon 3.0 bypasses.
They've proven to be very reliable and perform very well, better the fox 3.0 bypasses I believe.
Their coilovers are a different story though, the fox 3.0 coilovers best them soundly.

So what you are saying is that people wanting 3.0s should run FOX up front and ICON out back? I often wondered if mixing and matching would be a good idea.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have Icons in the front and Fox's in the rear. Mixing and matching does not seem to be a big deal.

I will say I would prefer the Icon fronts over the Fox fronts. I rode in a couple trucks with Fox fronts, and it was too soft for my liking. I am really happy with the feedback and response I get with the Icon fronts.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm definitely prefer icon fronts, I don't want my front end swaying around sloppily.