New Rear Suspension Set Up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't remember the thread but Fox 3.0s coils are rated at 550 pounds same as stock and Icon front 3.0 coils are a rated at 675 pounds. I will try to find the thread for the exact numbers.

Found it:

Fox 550
King 600
Icon 675

So I think it is personal preference whether you want a super stiff front end or a super-soft front end.

Last edited:

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't remember the thread but Fox 3.0s coils are rated at 550 pounds same as stock and Icon front 3.0 coils are a rated at 675 pounds. I will try to find the thread for the exact numbers.

Found it:

Fox 550
King 600
Icon 675

So I think it is personal preference whether you want a super stiff front end or a super-soft front end.

So they now make progressive coils for the stock shocks, i'm surprised no one has made them for the 3.0s. Eibach makes the ones for the Fox, not sure who does for King or Icon...but you would think someone should or would, it's just a spring and Eibach is a huge, well known spring maker.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the reason why no one has made progressive springs for 3.0s because of the low production volume of the Raptor. And what % of that low volume will even runs 3.0s let alone a modified 3.0 with progressive springs.

So they now make progressive coils for the stock shocks, i'm surprised no one has made them for the 3.0s. Eibach makes the ones for the Fox, not sure who does for King or Icon...but you would think someone should or would, it's just a spring and Eibach is a huge, well known spring maker.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the reason why no one has made progressive springs for 3.0s because of the low production volume of the Raptor. And what % of that low volume will even runs 3.0s let alone a modified 3.0 with progressive springs.

Good point, but it wouldn't be hard to do. If i ever go to 3.0s, i'm going over to Eibach since they are in my backyard...lol

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It's also been discussed that the zones in the shock itself are tuned to perform on the spring it comes with and may perform differently with a different spring.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what you are saying is that people wanting 3.0s should run FOX up front and ICON out back? I often wondered if mixing and matching would be a good idea.

That was my preference after trying both the fox and icon 3.0's.

And I definitely do want my front end swaying around offroad, you want your suspension to move.
The fox coilovers are a whole lot more compliant, and handle small to medium chop a lot better than the icons. The icons did not deal with short, fast, square edged stuff at all. Digressive damping is double edged sword in offroad applications.
Both brands of coilovers are about the same on the bigger rolling whoops.

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The reason is you can not package a dual rate coil to perform properly and get the required travel, well on the ICON shock anyway.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

I thought Icon use Eibach springs also.
@ICONRep

Can you clarify?

We use an ICON engineered spring that is produced by Eibach.