Mojave Trail - Tent Set Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bashby

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey All,
I’m going to be doing a 100 mile portion of the Mojave Trail first weekend of February. Looking to get your insight on a good truck bed tent and mattress set up. I was looking was looking at a couple $100-200 tents on Amazon, but don’t mind spending more on a quality set up that would last. Just picked up a Jetboil stove for the trip and Have all the essentials for camping. Any feedback on the tent or the Mojave trail would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I done the Mojave Trail more than half a dozen times, i use a Colman Instant tent and air mattress. Never seen a reason to be off the ground out there. A 2 person pup tent would be fine. I have done it in a single day several times, much better to take your time.

silverworx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I done the Mojave Trail more than half a dozen times, i use a Colman Instant tent and air mattress. Never seen a reason to be off the ground out there. A 2 person pup tent would be fine. I have done it in a single day several times, much better to take your time.
That sounds like a good combo!