Need selection advice- Gen 1 Supercharged.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bsbuggs

Reaction score
Thanks —-I totally understand the following for Gen 1 and for supercharging —-very fun trusck

roush_14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fwiw, I am running JDM tune on mine and It runs great, part throttle shift point are a bit high, but all in all happy with it.
Reporting back---Thanks for all the suggestions, I purchased a 2014, crew, with Roush package gret truck... super clean runing NUTS.
Any suggestions for a tuner here in the Chicago area? It has the 5 star now, but would like to try the JDM tune.

Reaction score
Bought mine in Denver where I live( 73k miles), but I drove it out to N. Illinois because I drive truck out of Willowbrook and didn't want it to get stolen back home. If you know any good shops in the area they would be helpful. I had to replace the tranny after only a few months; found a shop over in Alsip to do it. Also got the jdm 700 hp kit, but haven't installed it yet because I wanted to get the oil pump gears done as a preventative measure along the kit. Welcome to the Club !!! Keep us updated.

Reaction score
Yeah, I was hauling you know what up 55 northbound and all of a sudden my raptor went into neutral. I get off on Cicero and it wouldn't go above 3rd gear. SoI limped it back to Lemont and found a shop in lemont a few days later(An older brother and sister run it) and they referred me to Elite. They did a good job, although I did have a little leak; they actually have you bring the vehicle back after certain amount if time for that Scenario. Probably just a seal that wasn't seated properly. And they fixed the leak.