Navigation..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Yea, I would figure that. It seems to fit just right in the console.

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The nav is probably the best option in the truck. Not only does it make the backup camera really usefull ( I dont know about putting it in the rearview mirror) but the other things in it are great.If you have yet to tick the boxes, put that at the top of the list. It also helps if your lost off road and dont know where the highway is. And yes it is touchscreen.

Batman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree the touch screen NAV, Radio, CLimate Control, etc. is one of the things that makes the interior on my truck.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the Nav/Sync/Sirius/etc etc system in this truck is nicer and functions better than what my boss has in his Supercharged Range Rover HSE

3228_59.jpg

Last edited:

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serious? How so?

Here's a Bojangles-style review of the Raptor's Nav Screen/ Sync System and how it operates as a controller for most all of the truck's interior functions, and how they pertain to my regular usage.

First off, the giant touchscreen on the Rap just works. No dials, buttons, etc. through just about all of it's functions (and there are A LOT). You start the truck and the Raptor logo slowly flashes across... nice touch.
The screen reads your finger pretty flawlessly. When your doing things like entering artist and album information via the on-screen full keyboard into the included 2,600(+/-) song hard drive, the touchscreen can be operated quickly without missing your finger's intended target. The screen operation is very intuitive. It's actually fun to use. If I'm driving and want to keep my eyes on the road, I can operate most of the truck's interior features and creature comforts with my voice.

You get so much more than just very accurate Navigation (which I keep set to a nifty Bird's Eye alternate view). You get the aforementioned hard drive that can -in addition to music- store pictures for the screen. You can load in your rompin' pics and some pics of your main squeeze and the truck can display them on the screen for you at will.

Theoretically speaking, you could load your senorita's address into the Nav and have turn by turn visual (and audio) route guidance to her crib going on half of the screen, while you had a song that reminds you of her playing on the included "jukebox" hard-drive, or Playboy Radio (which is surprisingly VERY naughty) and a **** picture of her loaded up on the other half of the screen. Boom! Your truck just gave you foreplay on your way to the Promised Land. ...Maybe you should re-read this paragraph.

The Sirius Travel Link feature kicks ass. Your nav screen can display logos for ATM's, gas stations, restaurants, grocery stores and more on your constantly moving map at all times if you'd like. Sirius Travel Link has an option where you can click for for fuel prices. This bad mother of a button will then list all of the nearby gas stations AND THEIR REALTIME FUEL PRICES! You also see direction, distance, the name, address, phone number, and a quick option to instantly set it as your destination on the system. For a truck this thirsty, that is a fantastic convenience.

The Travel Link feature also provides snow reports to any mountain I want to snowboard on. I can find out which mountains are opened or closed, how much snow they have. I can get a 5-day weather forecast anywhere.... thanks Raptor.

Listen up Sports Fans.... Travel Link has a sports scores section with live and recent scores. It covers NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, College Football, Basketball, Racing scores and more. I've got The Miami Dolphins, Orlando Magic, and Florida Gators stored in my Favorite Teams section. I click one touchscreen button and their recent scores come up along with the schedule and game times. :005:

The audio player -which you can operate via the screen, your voice, or hard buttons- has a Gracenote Database. This means I pop in a cd in and it's Artist, Song, and Album info come up on the screen often accompanied by the Album Artwork. The Raptor also has a usb port and an iPod/MP3 port that you can load media into the truck with. You can leave a little usb thumbdrive plugged in for 1,000s of more songs to be accessed with ease. There is also a 2nd 'secret' usb port hidden in the dashboard speaker area, which can be re-routed to be located in the center console or glovebox and you can connect large external hard drives to your truck's audio system. The display will also show an electonic equalizer. You can access songs you've stored or your favorite Sirius channels to be played instantly with your voice. Sirius radio has a function where when I hear a song I like, I can click "Memo" and then "add song" or "add artist" ...now up to 20 songs or artists can be stored at a time in a memo system that will give me a quick audible alert and a tune-to-channel option that will take me directly to the music I've told the truck that I'd like to hear again.

You can control your air conditioning system via the touchscreen or voice. If I speak my mind regarding desired temperature, my truck will listen and act. "Bitch, make it coldah up in heeyuh" ...."yes your Highness"

The Nav system plays DVD's on the screen when parked (there are programs or "hacks" available which will allow you to override the safety features and operate the DVD player while in motion). I work in real-estate development and construction, the other day I had to sit and wait on some subcontractors who were working WAY after we normally close the jobsite... I had nothing to do until they finished and I could inspect their work so I popped in some DVD's of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (the funniest damn show on TV) while I waited. It was hot as a mother out there and that lil' screen transformed my truck into a tinted air-conditioned little movie theatre with great sound.

The backup cam works so nicely when you have the nav screen. Its my understanding that you can have a backup cam without the nav screen and with this setup the cam's display is located on one side of the rear-view mirror... small, but effective. When you have the nav screen though, the backup cam is displayed hugely on your dashboard. While the cam could use a lil' more assistance from the reverse lighting department at night, it is just majorly convenient. You have lines that represent the width of your truck, they have green, yellow, and red to represent your distance from what's behind you. You even get a black dashes dotted line in the center that makes it so easy to line up to a trailer hitch I've done it all by myself with no spotter on the first try. With the backup cam and nav screen accompanied with the width and distance lines, I can actually whip this wide-assed truck into a space more quickly and evenly spaced in reverse that in drive. The backup cam and Nav screen is super-duper-duper handy off-road too. You can avoid stumps, boulders, cacti, and a lot of desert scratches from brush thanks to that setup.

The other day I was pulling into a parking space at Best Buy and a young hottie went walking by the back of my truck... I quickly put it in reverse and got a nice view of her pipes and curves. ....Thank you back-up cam.

The Nav and Sync system work via Bluetooth. Even though I'm one of those snobby Apple computer users that practically gay-bashes my friends with PCs, I use a BlackBerry as its a company cell phone. My Blackberry is set to automatically connect to the SYNC system and Nav screen every time I turn the key towards the on position in this truck. In the city I live in, driving and talking on a hand-held cell phone has recently become illegal and cops enforce that law heavily, making the Bluetooth uber-convenient. With SYNC and bluetooth, I've copied and stored my entire phone book of numbers into the truck, when someone calls they come up via callerID on the nav screen, when I want to call someone I have my whole phonebook at my fingertips while my phone is in my pocket, I can call anyone with the touch of a button, or, even better, just my voice. I hit a button on the steering wheel and say a friends name and the speakers in the truck start ringing to the sound of the call being placed. I can also stream music and video to the nav screen via bluetooth. Some phones evidently can have their text functions operated on the nav screen. The Raptor's screen also SYNC's up nicely with iPhones, iPads, and ther Bluetooth ready hardware. Wireless is cool.

So, Shaggy and Co. as you can see, Bojangles is a huge proponent of the Nav system and all of it's gangster ways, but it was actually my boss who rode in the truck, saw me using it and said, "This system is better than the one in my Rover."

I think the system is worth every penny.

Can ya dig?....Are you pickin' up what I'm puttin' down??
:rockit:

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Here's a Bojangles-style review of the Raptor's Nav Screen/ Sync System and how it operates as a controller for most all of the truck's interior functions, and how they pertain to my regular usage.

First off, the giant touchscreen on the Rap just works. No dials, buttons, etc. through just about all of it's functions (and there are A LOT). You start the truck and the Raptor logo slowly flashes across... nice touch.
The screen reads your finger pretty flawlessly. When your doing things like entering artist and album information via the on-screen full keyboard into the included 2,600(+/-) song hard drive, the touchscreen can be operated quickly without missing your finger's intended target. The screen operation is very intuitive. It's actually fun to use. If I'm driving and want to keep my eyes on the road, I can operate most of the truck's interior features and creature comforts with my voice.

You get so much more than just very accurate Navigation (which I keep set to a nifty Bird's Eye alternate view). You get the aforementioned hard drive that can -in addition to music- store pictures for the screen. You can load in your rompin' pics and some pics of your main squeeze and the truck can display them on the screen for you at will.

Theoretically speaking, you could load your senorita's address into the Nav and have turn by turn visual (and audio) route guidance to her crib going on half of the screen, while you had a song that reminds you of her playing on the included "jukebox" hard-drive, or Playboy Radio (which is surprisingly VERY naughty) and a **** picture of her loaded up on the other half of the screen. Boom! Your truck just gave you foreplay on your way to the Promised Land. ...Maybe you should re-read this paragraph.

The Sirius Travel Link feature kicks ass. Your nav screen can display logos for ATM's, gas stations, restaurants, grocery stores and more on your constantly moving map at all times if you'd like. Sirius Travel Link has an option where you can click for for fuel prices. This bad mother of a button will then list all of the nearby gas stations AND THEIR REALTIME FUEL PRICES! You also see direction, distance, the name, address, phone number, and a quick option to instantly set it as your destination on the system. For a truck this thirsty, that is a fantastic convenience.

The Travel Link feature also provides snow reports to any mountain I want to snowboard on. I can find out which mountains are opened or closed, how much snow they have. I can get a 5-day weather forecast anywhere.... thanks Raptor.

Listen up Sports Fans.... Travel Link has a sports scores section with live and recent scores. It covers NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, College Football, Basketball, Racing scores and more. I've got The Miami Dolphins, Orlando Magic, and Florida Gators stored in my Favorite Teams section. I click one touchscreen button and their recent scores come up along with the schedule and game times. :005:

The audio player -which you can operate via the screen, your voice, or hard buttons- has a Gracenote Database. This means I pop in a cd in and it's Artist, Song, and Album info come up on the screen often accompanied by the Album Artwork. The Raptor also has a usb port and an iPod/MP3 port that you can load media into the truck with. You can leave a little usb thumbdrive plugged in for 1,000s of more songs to be accessed with ease. There is also a 2nd 'secret' usb port hidden in the dashboard speaker area, which can be re-routed to be located in the center console or glovebox and you can connect large external hard drives to your truck's audio system. The display will also show an electonic equalizer. You can access songs you've stored or your favorite Sirius channels to be played instantly with your voice. Sirius radio has a function where when I hear a song I like, I can click "Memo" and then "add song" or "add artist" ...now up to 20 songs or artists can be stored at a time in a memo system that will give me a quick audible alert and a tune-to-channel option that will take me directly to the music I've told the truck that I'd like to hear again.

You can control your air conditioning system via the touchscreen or voice. If I speak my mind regarding desired temperature, my truck will listen and act. "Bitch, make it coldah up in heeyuh" ...."yes your Highness"

The Nav system plays DVD's on the screen when parked (there are programs or "hacks" available which will allow you to override the safety features and operate the DVD player while in motion). I work in real-estate development and construction, the other day I had to sit and wait on some subcontractors who were working WAY after we normally close the jobsite... I had nothing to do until they finished and I could inspect their work so I popped in some DVD's of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (the funniest damn show on TV) while I waited. It was hot as a mother out there and that lil' screen transformed my truck into a tinted air-conditioned little movie theatre with great sound.

The backup cam works so nicely when you have the nav screen. Its my understanding that you can have a backup cam without the nav screen and with this setup the cam's display is located on one side of the rear-view mirror... small, but effective. When you have the nav screen though, the backup cam is displayed hugely on your dashboard. While the cam could use a lil' more assistance from the reverse lighting department at night, it is just majorly convenient. You have lines that represent the width of your truck, they have green, yellow, and red to represent your distance from what's behind you. You even get a black dashes dotted line in the center that makes it so easy to line up to a trailer hitch I've done it all by myself with no spotter on the first try. With the backup cam and nav screen accompanied with the width and distance lines, I can actually whip this wide-assed truck into a space more quickly and evenly spaced in reverse that in drive. The backup cam and Nav screen is super-duper-duper handy off-road too. You can avoid stumps, boulders, cacti, and a lot of desert scratches from brush thanks to that setup.

The other day I was pulling into a parking space at Best Buy and a young hottie went walking by the back of my truck... I quickly put it in reverse and got a nice view of her pipes and curves. ....Thank you back-up cam.

The Nav and Sync system work via Bluetooth. Even though I'm one of those snobby Apple computer users that practically gay-bashes my friends with PCs, I use a BlackBerry. My Blackberry is set to automatically connect to the SYNC system and Nav screen every time I turn the key towards the on position in this truck. In the city I live in, driving and talking on a hand-held cell phone has recently become illegal and cops enforce that law heavily, making the Bluetooth uber-convenient. With SYNC and bluetooth, I've copied and stored my entire phone book of numbers into the truck, when someone calls they come up via callerID on the nav screen, when I want to call someone I have my whole phonebook at my fingertips while my phone is in my pocket, I can call anyone with the touch of a button, or, even better, just my voice. I hit a button on the steering wheel and say a friends name and the speakers in the truck start ringing to the sound of the call being placed. I can also stream music and video to the nav screen via bluetooth. Some phones evidently can have their text functions operated on the nav screen. The Raptor's screen also SYNC's up nicely with iPhones, iPads, and ther Bluetooth ready hardware. Wireless is cool.

So, Shaggy and Co. as you can see, Bojangles is a huge proponent of the Nav system and all of it's gangster ways, but it was actually my boss who rode in the truck, saw me using it and said, "This system is better than the one in my Rover." I think the system is worth every penny.

....Are you picking up what I'm putting down??

:flipthebird: