My Hellion Twin Turbo Raptor 643RWHP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwickd

Reaction score
Nice job, I need to wake my truck up with some add ons. Stock this truck is a dud, engine wise. A stock Eco boost feels stronger.

Last edited:

cwickd

Reaction score
Yea, I have a tuner being shipped as we speak. Already installed a k&n CAI, and now I'm reviewing exhaust systems. That is about as far as I want to go.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Oh ya, just figured out there is a governor at 100mph... When I re-flash with my tuner will this disappear?

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok here goes Im going to try and answer some of the questions posed so far...

Turbo Lag:
Nope next to nothing, a VERY little hesitation from 700rpm to 1k, but then things really start to move.

CATs:
Yeah I was running the standard Cats initially as the Hellion headers allow you to bolt straight up. Its not until you compare the Bassini Y-pipe to them the pipe size is much larger with smoother bends.
It would be interesting if I was to add some aftermarket sport cats into the Y-pipe what difference they would make (My old GTR lost about 45hp each time i had to put the sport cat back on for yearly emissions back in the UK)

Dip Stick:
Well the dip-stick ends up being 2" long!! - Its a Hellion modified unit , the only mod I would make would be to make a delrin cover for it as the aluminum piece is damn close to the starter when you remove it....that sucker can give you a hell of a shock.

Cost all in Inc all fitting and extra tuning is c$15k (I actually bought the kit with a Tune, but decided to use a local tuner in the end instead - I could have saved about $1k buy buying the tuner kit)

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Ok here you are:
62mm Precision Turbos - Ball Bearing Upgrade
Ford Racing 47lb Injectors
Kenne Bell BAP
Bassani Off Road Y-pipe
Turbo blankets
E-boost controller
AEM EGT
Ford Racing Sport Cat Back

I didn't use the powder coating as I preferred the use of heavy duty exhaust wrap to reduce head. Everything got wrapped, I also added additional heat tape and wrap around every component I could find!

Since swapping to the Y-pipe Ive gained 2mpg (Now averages 14.5 - 15.5 on daily driving, I think I might get more on the freeway).

The kit is VERY well made, the brackets strong, I havent taken it off-road yet with the set up (Its mostly deep snow this time of year on the trails in CO), I added Green thread locker on all the fittings holding the Turbos, and check them all once per week.

Im going to change the PCV hook-up from going into the turbos to a Moroso catch can, Then probably TiG up some stainless inlet pipe and maybe make i high rise CAI so they arent sucking in from the engine bay.
I will also run some Dirtbike style removable skins on the outside of the K&N filters.

Heat wise Ive seen no great increase in Temp, In engine or transmission.
I would add an additional trans oil cooler for when I take it off road a lot though.

I used a local tuner - Rob Williams

Thanks for answering my questions, any additional mods to support it, like drivetrain wise.

ProjecT 9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the system still routed under the engine cradle? Reducing clearance under the truck?

OP
OP
E

englishrodder

Reaction score
The other Drivetrain mods I have are currently Deaver rear springs, will be adding a new welded aluminum drive shaft and a trans oil cooler with fans.

No piping under the engine cradle, there is only one bend from the intercooler that snakes round on the passenger side but even that is higher than the engine cradle (Its practically inline with the chassis)

Yeah it was the UPP kit that was low slung

ProjecT 9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other Drivetrain mods I have are currently Deaver rear springs, will be adding a new welded aluminum drive shaft and a trans oil cooler with fans.

No piping under the engine cradle, there is only one bend from the intercooler that snakes round on the passenger side but even that is higher than the engine cradle (Its practically inline with the chassis)

Yeah it was the UPP kit that was low slung

If you don't mind can you take a picture? I'd like to see what you're talking about.