My Hellion Twin Turbo Raptor 643RWHP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't know cats were THAT restrictive, damn. Frickin awesome though, how much cost to get to what's probably a 750hp motor?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So a few questions, can you list the options you picked from hellion upon purchase, can you list other power adders, what difference did you notice in fuel consumption, and how are operating temps now/do you do any rigorous offroading and what are temps like then, did you have it installed and tuned in house or did you go to a local tuner/installer? Thanks E.R.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd worry about that plastic intake manifold blowing up after a bunch of hits of boost like that. Then I'd worry about those tooth pick size connecting rods making a window on the side of the block.

OP
OP
E

englishrodder

Reaction score
Ok here goes Im going to try and answer some of the questions posed so far...

Turbo Lag:
Nope next to nothing, a VERY little hesitation from 700rpm to 1k, but then things really start to move.

CATs:
Yeah I was running the standard Cats initially as the Hellion headers allow you to bolt straight up. Its not until you compare the Bassini Y-pipe to them the pipe size is much larger with smoother bends.
It would be interesting if I was to add some aftermarket sport cats into the Y-pipe what difference they would make (My old GTR lost about 45hp each time i had to put the sport cat back on for yearly emissions back in the UK)

Dip Stick:
Well the dip-stick ends up being 2" long!! - Its a Hellion modified unit , the only mod I would make would be to make a delrin cover for it as the aluminum piece is damn close to the starter when you remove it....that sucker can give you a hell of a shock.

Cost all in Inc all fitting and extra tuning is c$15k (I actually bought the kit with a Tune, but decided to use a local tuner in the end instead - I could have saved about $1k buy buying the tuner kit)

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

So a few questions, can you list the options you picked from hellion upon purchase, can you list other power adders, what difference did you notice in fuel consumption, and how are operating temps now/do you do any rigorous offroading and what are temps like then, did you have it installed and tuned in house or did you go to a local tuner/installer? Thanks E.R.

Ok here you are:
62mm Precision Turbos - Ball Bearing Upgrade
Ford Racing 47lb Injectors
Kenne Bell BAP
Bassani Off Road Y-pipe
Turbo blankets
E-boost controller
AEM EGT
Ford Racing Sport Cat Back

I didn't use the powder coating as I preferred the use of heavy duty exhaust wrap to reduce head. Everything got wrapped, I also added additional heat tape and wrap around every component I could find!

Since swapping to the Y-pipe Ive gained 2mpg (Now averages 14.5 - 15.5 on daily driving, I think I might get more on the freeway).

The kit is VERY well made, the brackets strong, I havent taken it off-road yet with the set up (Its mostly deep snow this time of year on the trails in CO), I added Green thread locker on all the fittings holding the Turbos, and check them all once per week.

Im going to change the PCV hook-up from going into the turbos to a Moroso catch can, Then probably TiG up some stainless inlet pipe and maybe make i high rise CAI so they arent sucking in from the engine bay.
I will also run some Dirtbike style removable skins on the outside of the K&N filters.

Heat wise Ive seen no great increase in Temp, In engine or transmission.
I would add an additional trans oil cooler for when I take it off road a lot though.

I used a local tuner - Rob Williams

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is a pretty awesome set up. I was just kidding about the turbo thing....

I bet that there will be a lot of interest in this in the near future to compete with the new V6. I'm interested to see how well it holds up off-road and what mods will need to be made to handle the added abuse.

The power generated by this kit will really be interesting when others start increasing the input/output limits. Turbos are really easy to modify to increase power. Can't wait to see how this all pans out.........

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

I think most meant they didn't want a turbo V6 raptor?

Yea - I know. Just poking some fun.........