my bbk 85mm review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pump is a pump is accurate, it's pumping air into the combustion chamber by different means of course!

The TB is just blade to allow air into the motor when the PCM demands it, there isn't any mixing of fuel with jets or metering of the air.
It's not a carburetor!
I don't know if you are simply ignorant or are tying to be antagonistic; either way I'm done with this.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
here in idiot terms, a PD blower (Pump) are a constant flow pump. So no matter what the restriction is on the engines intake side (Pumps exit side) it flows the same. Only pressure increases. Which is very different from a Centri Blower.

Second a PD pump creates a vacuum on its intake side, the more restrictive the intake side is the more the pump has to work to pull in the air to fill the lobes of the pump. The larger TB and appropriately sized ducting decreases this restriction due to its ability to flow a higher CFM. The Centri Blower does not have this issue as the air moving thru the TB is already under pressure so it is able to flow much more air then the same size TB on the PD blower.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Once again, you do not know what you are talking about. CFM is irrelevant as air is compressible so basic CFM does not take into account the mass of the air. When air is under vacuum it expands so you get less actual flow and when its compressed it shrinks so you get more flow. This is taking into account the mass of the air. And long as you understand the basic principles of combustion engines the more air mass you have in the engine cylinder on the composition cycle the more oxygen you have so your MAF in our case will increase the amount of fuel so you now make more power.

So the more restrictive GT500 TB vs the CobraJet with its larger opening and MAF can flow more metered air then the smaller gt500 decreasing the restriction.

The only thing I will not get into is laminar flow and how the intake design of the SC on a PD blower is designed in relation to the TB opening for best performance.

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe fords throttle body is a ************* and the bbk just actuates smoother who knows but if you feel it that's what matters!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong or anything bad about the OEM 60mm TB.
It is constructed quite well to insure no binding of the gears.