GEN 1 Lower than normal MPG?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaytaylor98

Reaction score
That thing is hideous, damn [emoji23] . When did you put that heavy ass bumper on, before or after the tune-up? Maybe part of the issue.

Did you ever confirm your MPG instead of relying on the computer by actually measuring the gas to how many miles manually?

Also, what exactly did the dealership do for the so-called tune-up? I’ve seem that term used loosely and means different things done to different folks.
Your truck has a huge under bite!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

WOW

Reaction score
You said 100000 mile service. Did you have diff fluids changed? I've seen synthetic to conventional diff fluid change cost a few mpgs.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you post up a list of what was changed at the service? Even just a shot of the receipt. I pretty well get 15mpg in mixed driving out of mine as well.

cddawgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Major underbite springs to mind, but if that makes you happy. I'll promise you one thing, you're going to take a large hit if you try selling it that way. Better get it back as close to OEM as you can. Just Damn man.

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I owned that Raptor I wouldn't worry about the mileage it would be parked in my garage I would be embarrassed to take it out in public. But everybody has different tastes and if he is proud of it that's good enough for me. The OP would probably say the same about mine. I get about 12 MPG

YaYs423.jpg

ERF-RAPTOR

Reaction score
Check the plug wires, make sure none of them are loose, check the plugs and make sure they are tight.
I'm having this exact same issue after upgrading to NGK plugs and Taylor 8.2 wires. I checked all connections and they all seemed snug. Any suggestions?