Low perch to top perch to mid perch in 18 hours

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In terms of ride quality, the ride is the smoothest on the stock bottom perch. Feels more spongy. Mid perch and Top perch are mainly for stance/height change reasons or tire clearance reasons. Mid perch IMO firms it up enough to give it a more "equalized" ride, and the nose won't dip while braking hard. Top perch is pretty stiff. Most people consider it bad. In reality, based on my experience- it's not a bad thing to do if you don't mind the stiffer ride. It's all subjective. Everyone likes their truck to ride differently, and is really a matter of perception. You may like it better on the bottom perch, and the next person likes the ride much better on the mid perch.

Am I thinking of this wrong? Does the bottom perch raise the ride height and the top perch lower the ride height?

maximus5403

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I thinking of this wrong? Does the bottom perch raise the ride height and the top perch lower the ride height?

Bottom perch is stock.

Mid Perch RAISES ride height by about 1.5"

Top Perch RAISES even more.

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm on mid with the '13 but I still miss top I had on the '11...
Top was a diff beast and I had none of the dreaded problems after 84,000 hard miles.

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the point to level the front with the rear? Is the front on the bottom perch and the rear on the mid perch for stock set-up? My understanding was the back of the truck sat higher than the front for the stock set up, like I said I'm new and this will be my first raptor and it's still not here yet

maximus5403

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't the point to level the front with the rear? Is the front on the bottom perch and the rear on the mid perch for stock set-up? My understanding was the back of the truck sat higher than the front for the stock set up, like I said I'm new and this will be my first raptor and it's still not here yet

The rear cannot be adjusted, it doesn't have perch settings. So by moving the front up to mid perch it helps level out the truck.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, just to clarify, '10 and '11 can go to top perch, no problem, but if you have the torsen front diff, that's where the problem comes it, the CVs don't like the angle that the top perch puts them at.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well..........the first mistake you made was not selecting a highly trained, professional, knowledgeable technician. Many newbies make this mistake frequently. Once you wise up like the rest of us you will seek out the highly professional technician and will never use anyone else.

That I found out is the way to receive peace of mind that you are leaving your baby in the best hands possible!!!

Attachments

• Sexy-T-shirts-for-plumbers-2.jpg
    Sexy-T-shirts-for-plumbers-2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 124