37” KR2s on mid perch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
I’m looking to get a set of 37x12.5 KR2s for my Raptor. I’d go up to mid perch and hammer the pinch welds, and I’d be on stock wheels. Does anyone foresee me having any other rubbing issues? I have a heavier ADD bumper so I wouldn’t be opposed to going to top perch since I read that with a heavy bumper top perch might be fine. I know there’s tons of threads about the BFG AT 37s but couldn’t find anything about KR2s here at all.

Attachments

• IMG_2899.jpeg
    IMG_2899.jpeg
    354.3 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the KR2 as well? I’m seeing that they might only last a few thousand miles because the tread is so soft. I don’t care about road noise, because I know these will be stupidly loud.

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Check out the Keep it dirty youtube page for everything he had to do to get 37's to clear.

Yeah that looks like it might be too much of a pain for me to deal with it. Guess I’ll stick with 35s. If anyone wants those KR2s I might still do the trade I offered him and then throw them up for sale on here.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Yeah that looks like it might be too much of a pain for me to deal with it. Guess I’ll stick with 35s. If anyone wants those KR2s I might still do the trade I offered him and then throw them up for sale on here.
I have 37x12.5's on my Gen 1, no problem. I off-road constantly, NOT a street queen.

The Raptor in the video I believe was a Gen 2. Also, he mentioned that the tires they had put on were 37x13.5's.

I bought my Gen 1 with the 37's on it. OEM leaf springs and OEM Fox shocks on front and rear. Ran fine with 37's.

I have since re-done my suspension, rebuilt Fox shocks all around, moved front shocks from mid to low perch, Icon leaf springs in the rear and Eibach coils in the front. Feels great and runs perceptually better, but as I said before, 37's were already on the truck with no mods that I know of when I got it and they worked fine (37x12.5x20).

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
original wheel offset too? Because I cycled a bfg 37/OEM wheel on my Gen 1 (with the shock, swaybar, & steering removed), and it would clearly hit the plastic trim before the shock was fully compressed. The Gen 2 fender shape allows for more uptravel than Gen 1 (with OEM wheel offset), so if G2 needs trimming and pinch weld removal then G 1 is worse. FoMoCo wanted to do the minimum change to their new project Raptor to accept 35's. That's why we have stock shock buckets, a stock 6r80 with slightly different programming, stock steering & rear bumpstops, etc.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Not sure on the offset, forgot to take that into account. I will have to check both sets of rims and see what the difference is.