What price to put on my Raptor 37?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not true off road.
Hahahaha…..life is not a TV commercial, very few take a $90k truck “off road.” Maybe down an occasional dirt road, but not over boulders. I have owned all generations, except the R. They are like fake boobs, they look good, but don’t feel right!

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hahahaha…..life is not a TV commercial, very few take a $90k truck “off road.” Maybe down an occasional dirt road, but not over boulders. I have owned all generations, except the R. They are like fake boobs, they look good, but don’t feel right!
I, as well as at least a dozen other guys I know in SoCal run our trucks pretty hard in the SoCal and AZ deserts. I can’t speak for the entirety of Raptor owners, but of the ones I personally know, around 75% of them use them like a side by side with air conditioning. YMMV.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I, as well as at least a dozen other guys I know in SoCal run our trucks pretty hard in the SoCal and AZ deserts. I can’t speak for the entirety of Raptor owners, but of the ones I personally know, around 75% of them use them like a side by side with air conditioning. YMMV.
I also own a Polaris SXS and the Raptor can not come close to the ability of a SXS. Impossible to compare the two vehicle’s, even in sand. I would love for someone to post a YouTube video of a Raptor climbing large boulders like the ones in Moab. Maybe sand dunes, but truly a road or trail cut by ATV’s or UTV’s would destroy the truck. There is a commercial on TV, it depicts a Chev truck driving over large rocks inside a cave. Can a Raptor do it, of course, but it would get trashed in a short time. I took my Raptor to the salt flats and it was fun, but my Razor was a blast. I guess it just depends what definition a person uses for off road.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also own a Polaris SXS and the Raptor can not come close to the ability of a SXS. Impossible to compare the two vehicle’s, even in sand. I would love for someone to post a YouTube video of a Raptor climbing large boulders like the ones in Moab. Maybe sand dunes, but truly a road or trail cut by ATV’s or UTV’s would destroy the truck. There is a commercial on TV, it depicts a Chev truck driving over large rocks inside a cave. Can a Raptor do it, of course, but it would get trashed in a short time. I took my Raptor to the salt flats and it was fun, but my Razor was a blast. I guess it just depends what definition a person uses for off road.
Terrain is obviously different depending on where you are. I wouldn’t choose the Raptor to wheel the Rubicon or a CO jeep trail. The southwest isn’t a ton of rock crawling, but it isn’t paved dirt roads either. I have no problems keeping up with a side by side on any trail that isn’t really an atv trail.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Terrain is obviously different depending on where you are. I wouldn’t choose the Raptor to wheel the Rubicon or a CO jeep trail. The southwest isn’t a ton of rock crawling, but it isn’t paved dirt roads either. I have no problems keeping up with a side by side on any trail that isn’t really an atv trail.
I’m pretty new to the UTV world and below is a very short story that occurred two weeks ago. I used a trail map to navigate from Boise to Idaho City, about 30 miles off road. The first 10 miles were on a 10 foot wide dirt road. Then the road started to get more and more narrow where it eventually became six foot wide. Due to huge ruts and rocks on the road, I was forced to maneuver around many, which forced me to skim brush and trees on both sides. Then it became very steep downward. Some of the ruts were filled with water, which made it impossible to ascertain how deep it was. I was already the nasty part about five miles when the trail became sloped toward the edge of a 30 foot cliff. I could not find a place to turn around and because I was too far in, backing up was not an option. I truly thought I was going to roll.……in the middle of nowhere, without cell coverage. Somehow I survived, but the Polaris pretty significant scratches on both sides. After I reached another wide dirt road, I encountered a hunter on a ATV. He actually looked at the trail from where I emerged and said I was nuts to travel that in a $30,000 UTV. It wasn’t intentional! I learned a few things. Topo maps are not always accurate and I just bought a Garmin InReach. I also learned that there are some very nasty looking unfriendly people that live in the backcountry and my M&P Shield would only **** them off. Now I also have a quick release AR with me.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty new to the UTV world and below is a very short story that occurred two weeks ago. I used a trail map to navigate from Boise to Idaho City, about 30 miles off road. The first 10 miles were on a 10 foot wide dirt road. Then the road started to get more and more narrow where it eventually became six foot wide. Due to huge ruts and rocks on the road, I was forced to maneuver around many, which forced me to skim brush and trees on both sides. Then it became very steep downward. Some of the ruts were filled with water, which made it impossible to ascertain how deep it was. I was already the nasty part about five miles when the trail became sloped toward the edge of a 30 foot cliff. I could not find a place to turn around and because I was too far in, backing up was not an option. I truly thought I was going to roll.……in the middle of nowhere, without cell coverage. Somehow I survived, but the Polaris pretty significant scratches on both sides. After I reached another wide dirt road, I encountered a hunter on a ATV. He actually looked at the trail from where I emerged and said I was nuts to travel that in a $30,000 UTV. It wasn’t intentional! I learned a few things. Topo maps are not always accurate and I just bought a Garmin InReach. I also learned that there are some very nasty looking unfriendly people that live in the backcountry and my M&P Shield would only **** them off. Now I also have a quick release AR with me.
And I thought you were going to say the hunter told you how much @BalorGrayJax should ask for his 37PP. Instead, I learned that a quick release AR would've helped you navigate that treacherous trail that my 37PP wouldn't have been able to traverse.

I've also realized some time ago, without having tried, that my 37PP can't get me across Lake Michigan. But I doubt your 35, or your $30K Polaris can either.

I'm not sure why I'm even trying to make sense of your posts? I guess I'll just have to go back to driving my useless 37PP on the road, which apparently is the only acceptable use for it, and wish I still had a 35 so I could do some hard core wheeling; not that there's anything wrong with a 35. Oh but wait, I would still need a side by side to have any fun. Da mn I'm screwed!

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I thought you were going to say the hunter told you how much @BalorGrayJax should ask for his 37PP. Instead, I learned that a quick release AR would've helped you navigate that treacherous trail that my 37PP wouldn't have been able to traverse.

I've also realized some time ago, without having tried, that my 37PP can't get me across Lake Michigan. But I doubt your 35, or your $30K Polaris can either.

I'm not sure why I'm even trying to make sense of your posts? I guess I'll just have to go back to driving my useless 37PP on the road, which apparently is the only acceptable use for it, and wish I still had a 35 so I could do some hard core wheeling; not that there's anything wrong with a 35. Oh but wait, I would still need a side by side to have any fun. Da mn I'm screwed!
Actually I own a 37. How about posting a few videos of you driving your Raptor off road??? I would love to see your $90 truck in action!! Isn’t the internet great, anyone can pretend to be a stud!

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I own a 37. How about posting a few videos of you driving your Raptor off road??? I would love to see your $90 truck in action!! Isn’t the internet great, anyone can pretend to be a stud!
My mistake, I thought you got rid of your 37, maybe it was your 35? Sorry, I'm not into video recording any of my off road or on road driving. I enjoy the experience, and have no desire to watch a video of the trails I've taken. I use my truck however I want, without having to justify how I use it to anyone. There are guys on here who really put their trucks through the paces, while others enjoy the on road features and the awesome looks, without ever taking it off road. I'm somewhere in the middle, but I don't judge them for how they choose to use their trucks. I just get tired of blow hards trying to establish their masculinity by bashing the trucks, Ford, forum members, and anyone's ideas that don't match their own. No pretending on my part, but like you implied, even you can be a stud online!