Loose steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAD454SS

Banned
Reaction score
I had something screwy like that when i had 2 inch level kit on front and rear shocks were blown out. Just had installed a whipple and noticed it after that. One tie rod had some play at the rack also. SDHQ installed a full icon shocks , UCA and deavers +2 and heavy duty tie rods. No issues with steering or suspension last 45,000 miles now.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My steering feels a little loose too. It doesn't have anything to do with accelerating though. It's just a little loose all the time. 45 thousand miles, some offroad miles but not hard miles. I just installed rpg tie rods and camburg UCAs a couple months ago. It just doesn't seem as tight and precise as it was when everything was stock. Could that be signs of the steering rack getting some wear on it?

OP
OP
NiteLife

NiteLife

Reaction score
Anyone having an issue with what seems as if the steering gets loose or squirrely at full throttle? (kinda hard to explain, but) I have recently noticed when I floor it at highway speeds the front end feels like it starts boating or steering gets loose, first time I noticed it is when I was entering the Interstate from a on ramp, I stomped the accelerator and felt as if the rear started to fish tail slightly. I was impressed to say the least but the next few times I noticed it, there is no way possible I could be fishtailing. My thoughts are that during heavy acceleration I may be getting enough air under the frontend to lighten it enough to get squirrely or may I need to add a steering stabilizer? Any thoughts are welcome.

2011 SCAB, super charged, stock suspension, stock wheels and tires.

Update:
I installed a set of traction bars, and my issue ceased. Go figure!