2019 F150 Raptor irregular steering, wandering, constant correction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I have taken it into two dealerships and both give me the run around saying if something was wrong with the steering or rack it would provide a code or light. I do have a Ford certified warranty bumper to bumper for another 50k miles but can’t find a dealer willing to admit there is a problem.
I just wrecked my steering rack and she is at the dealer now. No light came on

Booth9999

Reaction score
How did you know the rack was shot? Also, how did the diagnose? Thanks for anything you can share!
You can put your hand on top of the passenger tire and when I turned left right quickly back and forth you can feel the jitter in the wheel. Waiting for confirmation but I showed my advisor and he was in agreeable. I’ll update as I hear more, I expect an update soon dropped it off Monday.

Booth9999

Reaction score
Just confirmed by my service advisor that my rack is broken internally and no warning light came on. They’re shipping one across the country to here in California but with the weather it probably won’t be here for at least a week as it has to travel by truck.

OP
OP
MPS-Raptor

MPS-Raptor

Reaction score
Just confirmed by my service advisor that my rack is broken internally and no warning light came on. They’re shipping one across the country to here in California but with the weather it probably won’t be here for at least a week as it has to travel by truck.
Great news they figured it out and replacing! My truck is with a different ford dealer now. Friend who runs the service department. They are going to do another diagnosis and if nothing shows up replace the steering rack as the last effort. Will keep the thread updated on progress. And let me know if the new rack corrects your issues.

sc85fiero

Reaction score
Do this at your own risk, but as a *last* resort you can remove the fuse to the Power Steering rack and re-evaluate the issue in an unpopulated area. If it tracks dead straight, you’ll know the rack is damaged.
IF you haven't done this yet then shame on you.

I have had several transits with this exact issue and one Super Duty. The problem as mentioned before is the pull/drift compensation feature which is entirely controlled by the power steering control module (which is built in to the rack). You can either pull the fuses as FT1 stated or reach under the truck and unplug the small connector to the steering rack.

This is how I diagnosed each one of the vehicles that have had this problem and it takes 5 minutes plus a quick test drive.

-Joe

OP
OP
MPS-Raptor

MPS-Raptor

Reaction score
IMG_0909.jpeg
This is my current alignment numbers. They suggest we start with another alignment. Here we go again.