Looking for truck armor ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Witchy

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
We've taken ours through numerous runs including HITH and Snoball, the Xpel is still good to go. Love the self healing.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another idea is having the clear bra material applied to the side of the truck (not a whole lot different from a wrap, which is also another idea).

You mean like this?
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/paint-protection-protecting-your-raptors-paint-pinstriping-5771/

The Xpel wrap is much different than the typical Vinal wrap that is used for signage and cool graphics.

The Xpel wrap is more pliable and has a self healing quality.

XPEL Ultimate Paint Protection Film / Clear Bra Self Healing Demo - YouTube

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine completely wrapped in 3M clear bra except for the roof and the back of the cab. Don't have a ton of mileage on it but it's held up great, is easy to clean and you wouldn't know it's there.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've taken ours through numerous runs including HITH and Snoball, the Xpel is still good to go. Love the self healing.

I do have a couple of marks on the wrap, but none of them tore it or go through to the paint. The incident that caused that also scratched the plastic around the mirror on the driver's side.

Mine is Xpel Stealth, which doesn't quite do the self-healing.

Witchy

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I do have a couple of marks on the wrap, but none of them tore it or go through to the paint. The incident that caused that also scratched the plastic around the mirror on the driver's side.

Mine is Xpel Stealth, which doesn't quite do the self-healing.

We had no problems. Everywhere the wrap was it healed. Now since we didn't do mirrors or a couple other spots that's a different story lol

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much should we expect to pay for xpel untimate installed?

Has anyone used this on the trim on the inside?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much should we expect to pay for xpel untimate installed?

Has anyone used this on the trim on the inside?

Install cost will vary depending on who you have doing the install and how much of the plastic trim they plan on removing to tuck the wrap under it. With it being a clear wrap it is not as critical to remove all of the trim since it is not changing colors. Another thing that will make a difference is how much of the vehicle you have covered. I have seen prices any where from $1600 to $5000 depending on the installer.

I am sure you can use it on the inside trim but I have not personally seen it done.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome orange thank you, I have to go to the shop when I get back. Would you recommend having the paint fixed before I put this on?