Looking for truck armor ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome orange thank you, I have to go to the shop when I get back. Would you recommend having the paint fixed before I put this on?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I would recommend the pain be fixed and hardened before applying the Xpel wrap. I would also recommend a full detail of the paint to have the pain in the best condition possible before putting the wrap on. Before the wrap was put on mine. I depend a day with my Adam's products. Washing, polishing, sealing, and Waxing the paint. It was shinier than it was when I got the truck from ford.

I have found that a lot of the shops will wash the truck before they apply the wrap. I have found that most of them don't care about the details as much as I do.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks orange. Mines pretty bad I have to get some spots repainted and I will do the full detail. Maybe the price of linex for the while truck will be cheaper in the end:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how does the Xpel film hold up to water spots and can you polish it? How do you keep it looking good?

Or if you wrap the whole truck, does that mean you never have to polish or wax it again?

This is what I got after offroading at Big Bend. All of the scratches came out except for one after I spent 4 hours washing, polishing and waxing.

20140502_152449_zps491c4d59.jpg

Last edited:

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So how does the Xpel film hold up to water spots and can you polish it? How do you keep it looking good?

Or if you wrap the whole truck, does that mean you never have to polish or wax it again?

This is what I got after offroading at Big Bend. All of the scratches came out except for one after I spent 4 hours washing, polishing and waxing.

20140502_152449_zps491c4d59.jpg

I have not had any problems with water spots. Adams sells some cleaner specifically for the paint protection wraps that they say to use once a year or so. I personally have not polished my clear wrap yet. I have the cleaner I just have not seen the reason to yet. As for care of the wrap I treat it like paint. It gets some wax put on top of it. The wax on top will help keep the wrap from drying out and protect the wrap from the elements. I would caution you on the wax and not use to heavy of a coat or you will be wiping it off with a towel for hours. Some times you get some built up around the seems but a good double flush towel usually does the trick to get that out.

You would not want to use a machine polisher on the wrap at all. It will kill your wrap. Hand polish and wax only!

I have had my truck in many tight jeep type trails with al kinds of limbs and brush running down the side. The sound used to bother me and it would get out and check the truck. Now I just hit the skinny pedal.

These where after havoc I think.
ju6yzaba.jpg
yje3e6uv.jpg

This was after snowball.
u2u5a8a3.jpg

This was after cleaning up after snowball.
zery2uga.jpg

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!!! I'm going to have to seriously look into this, I hate scratches on my cars.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Which Xpel product do you have?

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Xpel ultimate. On my truck. It has been a life saver. Everything from the bed cap down and from the windows down has the wrap. I also have the tailgate, entire hood, front fenders, headlights, A pillars, and about 12 inches at the top of the cab done.

If I had to do it again I would have them do the B and C pillars along with above the window to the rain gutter on the roof.

I think I am going to lines the flares on the truck eventually.