Looking for a G2 SCREW, got a blue 2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LittleLebowski

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I want 802A. I have a 2018 F150 3.5 XLT I love, so I think I know what I'm getting into. How common is the Recaro seats option? I know to ask for maintenance records regarding the cam phasers. Do all Raptors with 802A have the subwoofer behind the left rear seat?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Recaros I believe are on the ’19-’20 models only. Factory sub location is behind the rear passenger side seat. You should try to find a truck without the moonroof.

phill0027

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same question here, I had issues with my moonroof 3 years ago and never messed with since.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of problems with the moonroofs?
Without proper maintenance, yes. Plus, it's just another thing that can go wrong. I've had them on a '20, '22', and '23 Raptors all problem free. Additionally, I have a few work trucks with them and they've all been problem free, maintained with Krytox PTFE based lubricant.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Lots of problems with the moonroofs?
200.gif
using your internet search engine of choice, search for “Ford F series twin panel moonroof broke”
LMK if you get under 100,000 results.
Same question here, I had issues with my moonroof 3 years ago and never messed with since.
see above.
Without proper maintenance, yes. Plus, it's just another thing that can go wrong. I've had them on a '20, '22', and '23 Raptors all problem free. Additionally, I have a few work trucks with them and they've all been problem free, maintained with Krytox PTFE based lubricant.
THIS. There is so much surface contact area between glass and gasket that over time it collects debris, and begins to stick. The longer you go between opening it, the greater the resistance the glass & sticking gasket (the rubber seal) has. If you try to move the glass rearward in this condition, it will break the tracks 100% of the time.

Routine maintenance will prevent this from happening and a workaround of popping the glass open to the VENT position FIRST, to ‘break’ the seal, then moving it rearward will generally keep you out of trouble. Doing both regular Krytox grease application and popping to vent will keep you out of the weeds.

My major complaint with it is one of bitterness. I bought in early 2017 and the only MSRP deal I could land was an 802a with the moon roof. It was 2 grand I didn’t want to or need to spend - and it did break because I wasn’t aware just how often you need that glass / rubber re-greased.
My 2019 fell through,someone else bought it. Sure is hard finding magnetic or lead foot in my price range.
Should be easy to find lead foot for much less money since you’ll have to paint it anyway ;-)

phill0027

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 428841
using your internet search engine of choice, search for “Ford F series twin panel moonroof broke”
LMK if you get under 100,000 results.

see above.

THIS. There is so much surface contact area between glass and gasket that over time it collects debris, and begins to stick. The longer you go between opening it, the greater the resistance the glass & sticking gasket (the rubber seal) has. If you try to move the glass rearward in this condition, it will break the tracks 100% of the time.

Routine maintenance will prevent this from happening and a workaround of popping the glass open to the VENT position FIRST, to ‘break’ the seal, then moving it rearward will generally keep you out of trouble. Doing both regular Krytox grease application and popping to vent will keep you out of the weeds.

My major complaint with it is one of bitterness. I bought in early 2017 and the only MSRP deal I could land was an 802a with the moon roof. It was 2 grand I didn’t want to or need to spend - and it did break because I wasn’t aware just how often you need that glass / rubber re-greased.

Should be easy to find lead foot for much less money since you’ll have to paint it anyway ;-)
Great info, thanks for sharing.