Liars!? This the norm...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MQZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done a master reset? If so is there other resets? If I am correct, a reset wipes out stored data, phone info, etc. Not sure about seat, R button memory saves. So I brought my 22 truck in today by appt. for display quirks... buzzing sound coming from BO speaker randomly, when going into drive, reverse... freezing screen... typically always with Android in play. Oh and rattle. Gave dealer TSB and part number for rattle. Also provided video of display issue. Left for the day. Picked up and was told no TSB for my vin on rattle and said they did a reset for display, speaker issue and issue is gone. Now I checked service history once I got in and nothing shows. Also my data is still all in tact as far as sync display and... guess what issue still existed as soon as I started up. Had to be somewhere so drove off. Anyways... if I am right... they did not reset anything... in fact they lied knowing I could find out very easily. Any ways just checking to see if I can determine if in fact they did a reset or not thru like experience. Thanks

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A Master Reset clears out the Sync CIP of all devices and settings. If you give a dealer a TSB number you’re automatically assuming it applies, which is many cases it may not. So the instead of following the process to check OASIS by your VIN and follow any applicable service messages, they may just return the truck to you and say the TSB doesn’t apply.

As far as the screen, if the concern only happens when your device is connected then the device is typically at fault. I don’t know why people are so quick to assume it’s a vehicle issue when the only variable is the device you’re using.

Ford has released the service messages for issues caused by phones and Android Auto. Make sure your phone is up to date, remove any questionable 3rd party apps, perform a Master Reset, and re-evaluate.