Left Sunroof Open Last Night (Texas Storms and Dead Touch Screen)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the new oem radio parts (new touchscreen, new controller behind touchscreen, new cd player) and installed them last night. Finished at 1am.

The controller unit that Ford sold me, the piece behind the touchscreen was the wrong part number. It was missing a aconnector. Therefore I used the original unit that was behind the original touchscreen. Installed the new touchscreen and new cd player. I didnt really need a new cd player, but swapped it anyway.

Put it all back together without fully testimg first. The tocuh screen now works and looks like factory. However I have no sound at all. I didnt mess with the oem amp, so it should be fine. There isnt even a hiss from the speakers when I crank it all the way up.

Since I used my original controller behind the touchscreen and a new cd player are they incompatable dur to software configuration or something? Do I need to call Ford and do some type of setup?

Did I miss a plug?

Do I need to remove the new cd player and install my old one to fix this?

I really need to resolve this by 3pm today. I will take it apart at work during lunch if needed.

OP
OP
M

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im an idiot? How do you figure? You an ******* to random strangers All the time? I did a good install and there is no sound. Shit happens bro.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im an idiot? How do you figure? You an ******* to random strangers All the time? I did a good install and there is no sound. Shit happens bro.

I don't think responding to him helps in this situation... But put everything back in and see if you have any sound? Replace one piece at a time and see what works and when you don't have sound that's the problem, or under the seats and center console is the amp and that is possibly wasted also. Your problems unfortunately are just beginning..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc