Left Sunroof Open Last Night (Texas Storms and Dead Touch Screen)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I met with the adjuster, he was a great guy. He said a car fax may be generated. I am not taking the truck to a repair shop. He said if it does show, it will be listed as "Water, Leak Sunroof" WHich could mean 100 differnt things to the person reading it. It will not look teh same as FLood Damage, it should at least call out the sunroof.

As for trade in value, in the last 10 years I have bought and sold numerous cars and trucks between my wife and I. 8 or so. I have never had the dealership do more than glance at my trade in. They didnt care what the back story was, they just wanted me to buy something new. I dont think the car fax will play a big role in the future. I may actually keep this squeaky ass truck and pay it off, who knows. WHen the time comes I will explain the situation.

Nationwide is paying for the cost to remove all carpter and pad, replace pad, remove and clean headliner and remove and clean seats. Labor to do all of this, labor to repalce head unit and the cost of the radio itself. I am doing all of the work. I have done all of this stuff already, did it all on day one. Everything except for the radio and new pad, which I will do when the parts come in. I also plan to look at every conenctor and open them and use a special lub on them to ensure no chance of rust or build up. However, nothing was submerged in water anyway. The connections never actually had standing water on them.

Nationwide said he couldnt find the correct part numbers for my radio. I called FOrd myself, they are emailing California and getting the cost for the Head Unit, Touch Screen and Touch Module (The module exceeds $500 itself) . Nationwide said for me to email him the quotes on the three parts and he will add that mount to the check they are cutting. I called Ford and they still dont have the pricng back. Hopefully sometime today.

As it stands today the truck looks and smells new. No damage anywhere except the radio. The seats look new, the floor look new, no water under teh carpet, the headliner looks new, everything works accept touch. I assume the touch module got some water in it and that is cause of the issue.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got some part numbers for your consideration.

Upper Cable - DL3Z14D202A
Lower Cable - DL3Z14D202K
Module - DA5Z14D212KA
Receiver - DL3Z18C869CA
Tranceiver - DL3Z19A387B
Controller - EL3Z18842GG
Display Unit - DL3Z10D885FA

I would also check your lower seat positioning sensors for your airbags.

Left - 7T4Z14B416B
Right - 7T4Z14B416B

I'm done here good luck

OP
OP
M

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some part numbers for your consideration.

Upper Cable - DL3Z14D202A
Lower Cable - DL3Z14D202K
Module - DA5Z14D212KA
Receiver - DL3Z18C869CA
Tranceiver - DL3Z19A387B
Controller - EL3Z18842GG
Display Unit - DL3Z10D885FA

I would also check your lower seat positioning sensors for your airbags.

Left - 7T4Z14B416B
Right - 7T4Z14B416B

I'm done here good luck

Very Helpful, thank you. These part numbers have been hard to come by.
Looks like the Tranceiver is the Sync Module inside of the center console. I wont need that. The upper and lower cable should be good also.

I am quoting out everything else. I caleld another FOrd dealership. He is actually going to call and get me pricing and quotes on paper, as opposed to sending emails.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the suspension also got wet. And bumpers. Wheels, too. I think ADD has the part numbers for those.

Good luck and keep your damn sunroof closed!

OP
OP
M

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very Helpful, thank you. These part numbers have been hard to come by.
Looks like the Tranceiver is the Sync Module inside of the center console. I wont need that. The upper and lower cable should be good also.

I am quoting out everything else. I caleld another FOrd dealership. He is actually going to call and get me pricing and quotes on paper, as opposed to sending emails.

The first dealership called me back and said the head unit was no longer produced and there are "None". You cant buy this. He said "They must be changing it" Changing it? Its a 2014, the head unit is the head unit, they aint changing it. Maybe changing it for teh 2017 Raptor, but not the 2014.

I asked "WHere can I get this part, I wont be the only person in the world that needs it?" He said "Maybe a junk Yard" I promptly let him go as it was obvious to me this was more typical Ford Dealership BS and lack of care, as usual. Before I hung up I ask "Can you send me a quote for the parts you can source? I need a quote to give to Nationwide, needs to be on Ford letterhead. He said he would email me the quote. Below is the email body I recieved.

DL3Z10D885FA DISPLAY $680.75. DA5Z14D212RA CENT PRO $583.45. EL3Z18842GB BEZEL $284.86.

Thats it, no attachement, nothing.

I called a 2nd Dealership in Richardson, reached a guy in parts that seemed half way sharp. I asked him to quote the parts, he took my VIN, called California and was able to secure pricing. The head unit is a part you can buy, but it takes three weeks currently to source it and its an exchange part. I have to bring the old one back and turn it in. He gave me a real quote on paper that I can give to Nationwide.

I spent 3 hours making calls and going back and forth. It took two days to finally get something on paper.

Module - DA5Z14D212KA (Connects touch screen and CD player) $584
Receiver - DL3Z18C869CA (I dont need this)
Tranceiver - DL3Z19A387B (In Console, holds NAV Card) (I dont need this)
Controller - EL3Z18842GG (Bezel Faceplate) $852
Display Unit - DL3Z10D885FA (Touch Screen) $1040
CD Player 18806 (Head Unit) $585

With tax we are looking at $3250

I wanted to add the actual part numbers that Ford puts on the quote. If anyone reading this thread needs this parts you should be able to use these numbers. I asked FOrd why the part numbers I show above are different, he referred to engineering numbers are different, whatever that means. But he assured me the part numbers he listed are exactly what I need.

EL3Z*18842GB - $851.88
DL3Z*10D885FA -$1040
DA5Z*14D212RA - $583.05
EL3Z18C869CA - $585.00

Last edited:

Buckeyesvtraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crazy... I hate sunroofs as well and never use them. Wife and I go out last Friday night and have drinks with friends. Of course she opens the sunroof on the way home. Next day we are gone all day long and get home and I knew I f-Ing left the thing open. Open the door and had about an inch of water in the cup holders (live in Ohio, not nearly as bad as the rain you had in TX).

After taking apart trim and sucking and soaking up the water and then putting it in the garage with a fan I think I am ok. Everything looks and smells fine.

I HATE SUNROOFS. Good luck with getting your truck fixed.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sunroofs are a great place to stick a GoPro to though. :)

$950 gopro mount.

BTW, my buddy still gives me shit about buying a $50k truck with no sunroof.

This is just one more reason, I'm glad I didn't order one.

OP
OP
M

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the new parts to replace my touch screen, head unit, control unit etc.
The last factory radio I removed was on a 2010 Toyota Tacoma, it was pretty easy and quick. The raptor doesn't look to be quick or easy.

When looking for videos for a walk through the only thing I can find is the link below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0NgiuEld4A

This link is for a 2012 Raptor. Yes its very similar to my truck. Does anyone know of another video for a 2013-2014 Raptor? Maybe instructions on paper explaining each process?

I have read a couple of people had been able to remove the unit without taking off all the dash and center console cover. I would like to source the knowledge to this shortcut, or at the very least more information on the long process shown in the video above. Does anyone have access to any details on the replacement step by step?

The dash and console are the concern. I really dont want to take all those pieces off my truck. I want to attempt to replace the touchscreen first, and see if that fixes my issue.