KMC XD 222 wheels installing on Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Vegas Raptor

Vegas Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are being installed as I type this! Can't wait to see how they turn out!

MF RAPTOR

Congrates on the impending outcome there ModFreaksRAPTOR...This is one of the best wheels I ever had on a truck period. Pictures when the time comes please...

Last edited:

ModFreaksRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
422e69f49786e0287e467e5c6728cd20.jpg

I still need to paint the center hubs black so you can't see the rust on the hub.

MF RAPTOR

OP
OP
Vegas Raptor

Vegas Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright

422e69f49786e0287e467e5c6728cd20.jpg

I still need to paint the center hubs black so you can't see the rust on the hub.

MF RAPTOR

Alright brother Raptor...looking good. I always wondered what it would look like in polished aluminum....The boys at 4 the truck, painted my center hubs...nice attention to detail...

Last edited:

ModFreaksRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright brother Raptor...looking good. I always wondered what it would look like in polished aluminum....

Thanks man. I really do want center caps for them but I haven't been able to find anyone who is willing to make them.

I'm considering painting the centers matte black. Not completely sure yet. I am going to take each wheel off though and remove the rust and paint with black spray paint.

I have the slight vibration at 70-80mph, it doesn't really bother me at the moment. I definitely like them better than my old wheels.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No center caps on these wheels...would like to know myself...

I can if they're not hub centric. Shoot me a PM with the center bore diameter and the depth. My fabricator made me some for my racelines. They're hub centric center caps.

qybmz6.jpg

Thanks man. I really do want center caps for them but I haven't been able to find anyone who is willing to make them.

Find out the center bore. If they are hub centric you would have to open the wheels center bore to make it work. If not we can just measure bore and have caps made like the ones above.

ModFreaksRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find out the center bore. If they are hub centric you would have to open the wheels center bore to make it work. If not we can just measure bore and have caps made like the ones above.

Ok bro. I called KMC wheels. They should be emailing me the answers to both questions soon. I don't want to give you the wrong information.

MF RAPTOR

OP
OP
Vegas Raptor

Vegas Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm considering painting the centers matte black. Not completely sure yet. I am going to take each wheel off though and remove the rust and paint with black spray paint.

I have the slight vibration at 70-80mph, it doesn't really bother me at the moment. I definitely like them better than my old wheels.

Again they look awesome. Black paint would look good until your center cap issue is solved. When you get the numbers and the fit let me know about the caps please. I must admit I am getting used to the vibration at this time. My vibration is in the 70-80 area too. The forced balance took 6 to 8 oz. of wheel weights to correct them. I am thinking about not installing the dyna beads. Putting on the shocks Fox 3.0 really had a good impact on it. Did you go mid perch on this setup? The contact point on potential wheel rub is very close. I remember putting it in reverse and hearing some rubbing. But my tire maybe a little larger than the ones your running. If so I would recommend mid perch or if money not an issues Fox 3.0s.

Last edited:

ModFreaksRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to upgrade suspension now but I'm still saving my pennies. The GTR TAX I pay for my 2013 GTR takes it's toll lol. I am on stock tires. From what I understand, my truck is on high perch as the 2010 model raptors came from the factory like that. My truck sits higher in the front more than any local raptor I've seen. Is there any easy way to tell if I am high or mid?

MF RAPTOR

OP
OP
Vegas Raptor

Vegas Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to upgrade suspension now but I'm still saving my pennies. The GTR TAX I pay for my 2013 GTR takes it's toll lol. I am on stock tires. From what I understand, my truck is on high perch as the 2010 model raptors came from the factory like that. My truck sits higher in the front more than any local raptor I've seen. Is there any easy way to tell if I am high or mid?

MF RAPTOR

I know the pain of a sports car. I have a 2011 ZO6/ZO7 inferno Orange Vette. At least its paid for. If your on stock tires you might be OK. I was under the impression that 2010 Raptor came at low perch...can someone verify the fact please...Maybe someone took it to high perch in the past? If you are on high perch I don't know how to tell. If so you don't have too much to worry about on clearance on tire rub. Someone help here!