Installed 37's on Gen3 35 Raptor - no issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kperatt09

Reaction score
Wanting to go with a heavier Mickey Thompson Baja boss at 37 for my next tire from.the 35s. Anyone have any experience on going to the heavier mud terrains and how drive quality was affected?

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanting to go with a heavier Mickey Thompson Baja boss at 37 for my next tire from.the 35s. Anyone have any experience on going to the heavier mud terrains and how drive quality was affected?
Umm, why in gods name would you want heavier tires? Make you slower, handle worse and get worse gas mileage. That and they are ****** tires. I sure hope I educated someone and didn’t waste my breath.

Kperatt09

Reaction score
Umm, why in gods name would you want heavier tires? Make you slower, handle worse and get worse gas mileage. That and they are ****** tires. I sure hope I educated someone and didn’t waste my breath.
lol i dont want heavier tires! I just want the Mickey thompson baja boss at tires which happen to be heavy! People seem to love them. What tire do you recommend

Kperatt09

Reaction score
17x9 +12 is 5.6MM less poke vs 17x8.5 ET 0. You probably need to do a 17x9 ET18 or higher for those Nittos on stock suspension. Keep in mind, if you get 37" nittos on a 35 raptor. You lose your spare. And its not wise to use a 35" spare on a 37" wheel setup. The Nittos are like 20lbs heavier than the stock tire. So you will need a 21lb wheel to keep the overall wheel weight close to stock so your MPG doesnt tank.

Im going with 17x8.5 +6 or 17x9 +12 25/26lb wheel with 37" KM3's myself. That way I can have a 37" matching spare that fits and keeps the weight per wheel around 103lbs and not have to worry about it fitting stock suspension.

Finally, if you think the factory 37 KO2 is too skinny looking vs the 35 KO2 (which it is) you can get a 37" KO2 D rated which is wide like the 35" KO2. The KM3 is also wide like stock KO2 35's and D rated 37" Ko2's.
What did you end up with?
I know it's proven that 17x8.5 +6 fits tucked lock to lock just fine with 37s. So.. the 17x9 +12 should be the same right?

Kperatt09

Reaction score
I would say the wheel itself is even with the fender flare. The +12 in a 9" wheel would be very close to a +6 in a 8.5" wheel and the 9" wide pulls the tire in a little more. I was dead set on 8.5 00 offsets but after getting these I am super happy. Drives as good as stock also. Zero rubbing...

View attachment 422826View attachment 422827
Have you wheeled it all? Curious if your clear fully stuffed lock to lock.

Kperatt09

Reaction score
Back on subject, 37x12.50x17 BFG KO2's on 17x9 + 12 wheels installed, no rubbing whatsoever, tread of the tire is under the flares, just the sidewall is outside. Perfect fitment. Not sure on full compression in the whoops, however just flexing it and turning has no rub. Amazing how small the truck makes a friggin 37 look...

EDIT: Sorry forgot to mention, suspension is 100% stock. No level or anything. No need!

View attachment 399728
Hey man did you ever get to stretch her legs and see if they rub? Also have any other photos?