Jeep Wave, is there a Raptor Wave

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man i sure hope not. There used to be guys posting on the JL all butt hurt saying how their stock sport was the reason modded jeeps wouldn't wave back. Wow how far we have strayed lol.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
havent waved nor have I recevied one from any other raptor owner. I just wonder when we cross paths if they think the same thing as me, "Hey its another raptor!". I get more random parking lot praises, but thats likely atttributed to the Race Red with matching beauty rings
Didn't you get "waved" in at the border recently, lol.

KingKoopa17

Reaction score
I passed a magnetic gray gen2 yesterday near my home, caught me a little off guard. He waved from the steering wheel and I did the same last second. Probably one of the only fellow Raptor owners I've seen wave, though I might've only ever waved once myself. Normally I'll just bellow out, "RAPTOOOOR!" like an idiot when I see one and scare the hell out of my wife about it, lol. I think a "Raptor wave" would be too corny, but just two owners acknowledging that they each have a badass truck with a simple wave is enough I'd say.

Last edited:

allllaann

Reaction score
When I get my truck, I'm going to test out the wave but being in NJ I'm anticipating confused mean mugs or middle fingers back lol.
I'm in NJ - if I see you around, I'll be sure to wave haha. I've gotten one wave so far, but it's also been the only Raptor I've come across in the month of owning mine so far. Plan to keep waving - so we'll see how much success I have moving forward.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Indiana I’m about 5-10% for returned waves. Like someone else said, way more people want to talk about the trucks and are friendly when they’re in the parking lot.

Too many around here have the mentality when they’re behind the wheel that everyone else is an adversary.

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think most Raptor owners are that woke. Half the time when I try to give another Raptor a wave it's the wife driving and she probably thinks I'm trying to hit on her. Unfortunately where I live there are lots of Raptors driving around with dudes who just bought them because the dealer sold them the best truck they have. They aren't what I would consider Raptor/truck people in general. My son and I say "another old dude in a Raptor" which i get because they aren't cheap to buy. Most of these will never see a dirt road so I keep mine dirty as a proof of use. I've tried to talk to a lot of Gen 2/3 owners and very few of them grasp what it is they own. I'd rather give them the finger than a wave.