Interesting " state of the raptor"!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t believe there was ever distinct 37 and 35 allocations.
However ford would not build every allocation as a 37. When the dealers number came up to have an allocation pulled they would be told at that point if they could have a 37 or not. My guess is it is going to continue the exact same way in 24. Just with 37 being a “trim level” vs an option package.

There absolutely was a distinction in 35 and 37 allocations.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There absolutely was a distinction in 35 and 37 allocations.
I don’t think that’s accurate. A dealer did not know how many 35 and 37 they would get in the same way they knew exactly how many v6 and how many R they would get. The situation was more like I described it where when a dealers allocation came up ford would tell them if it could be a 37 or not based on commodity restrictions and how many 37s they had built for them already.

There are no examples I know of where a decent honest dealer (not a lie to take an order dealer) said to a customer early in the year their 37 allocations are used up but they still have 35s. However, of course there are examples later in their year where ford offered dealers to pull allocations if they were 35s.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s accurate. A dealer did not know how many 35 and 37 they would get in the same way they knew exactly how many v6 and how many R they would get. The situation was more like I described it where when a dealers allocation came up ford would tell them if it could be a 37 or not based on commodity restrictions and how many 37s they had built for them already.

There are no examples I know of where a decent honest dealer (not a lie to take an order dealer) said to a customer early in the year their 37 allocations are used up but they still have 35s. However, of course there are examples later in their year where ford offered dealers to pull allocations if they were 35s.
Peer through some of the much earlier threads, like 2021, when folks first ordered these trucks and share your thoughts. You’ll find a common theme…an allocation within an allocation.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Why do you think 35s were selling for MSRP or 5k over and 37s were selling for 10-15k over?

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Peer through some of the much earlier threads, like 2021, when folks first ordered these trucks and share your thoughts. You’ll find a common theme…an allocation within an allocation.
Maybe we are all saying the same thing but you need to go back and read OP that I was originally responding to.

OP stated that something new for 2024 is that dealers could order every truck as a 37. my point is that in 21-23 dealers could also order every truck as a 37, its not new. Ford just would not BUILD every truck as a 37 and I fully expect the same thing in 24+ ford will not build every truck as a 37.

I can’t see any example of a dealer being told upfront how many 37s vs how many 35s they would get. Obviously ford limited the number of 37 trucks, no debate there, but it was not a fixed number the dealer knew beforehand. It was a mix of factors at the time the allocation was pulled. There are numerous examples of folks with 37 orders being asked by the dealer to covert to 35 to get the truck built AFTER the dealer was told they were having an allocation pulled. I wasn’t following super closely the intial 21 trucks but for 22 and 23 the dealer was told they are getting X raptors (and for 23 X raptor Rs) at the beginning of the model year with no distinction to how many would be 37 and 35 that was decided later

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who knows. My guy says if he orders all 37s. Thats what will arrive

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe we are all saying the same thing but you need to go back and read OP that I was originally responding to.

OP stated that something new for 2024 is that dealers could order every truck as a 37. my point is that in 21-23 dealers could also order every truck as a 37, its not new. Ford just would not BUILD every truck as a 37 and I fully expect the same thing in 24+ ford will not build every truck as a 37.

I can’t see any example of a dealer being told upfront how many 37s vs how many 35s they would get. Obviously ford limited the number of 37 trucks, no debate there, but it was not a fixed number the dealer knew beforehand. It was a mix of factors at the time the allocation was pulled. There are numerous examples of folks with 37 orders being asked by the dealer to covert to 35 to get the truck built AFTER the dealer was told they were having an allocation pulled. I wasn’t following super closely the intial 21 trucks but for 22 and 23 the dealer was told they are getting X raptors (and for 23 X raptor Rs) at the beginning of the model year with no distinction to how many would be 37 and 35 that was decided later
My dealer had 3 allocations. 2 were 35s and 1 was a 37. Many examples of the same thing are out there.