Intelligent Access

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dellis777

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

I wanted to get some feedback from some gen 3 owners on the intelligent access door handles. I have been driving a gen 2 for 5 years and when I lock my truck you just have to touch the black button on the handle and the trucks locks. The buttons or touch sensors whatever you want to call them are very responsive. Recently got a Gen 3 R and these things are very sluggish and sometimes do not work at all, the contrast between the two is drastic. Sometimes its just easier for me to get my keys out of my pocket and hit the lock button. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this how they are now or is something up with my truck?

Thanks everyone

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

I wanted to get some feedback from some gen 3 owners on the intelligent access door handles. I have been driving a gen 2 for 5 years and when I lock my truck you just have to touch the black button on the handle and the trucks locks. The buttons or touch sensors whatever you want to call them are very responsive. Recently got a Gen 3 R and these things are very sluggish and sometimes do not work at all, the contrast between the two is drastic. Sometimes its just easier for me to get my keys out of my pocket and hit the lock button. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this how they are now or is something up with my truck?

Thanks everyone
You have to touch the handle longer on the 3's. I noticed the same thing compared to the 2.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a question. If you use the lock button on the door, does that prevent the conversation that allows a hacker to steal your code?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just posted a thread on this, mine is the same, the Gen 2 was better in this regard for sure.

Now I hold my finger there for a full second and it works much better, but still not 100%. Every now and then I have to press it a second time. The Gen 3 is an outstanding truck and I have zero regrets upgrading, but I feel the electronics are a bit buggier than the Gen 2.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I leave the key in my truck and lock/unlock with the app or door keypad. Bottom two buttons to lock the truck with the key in it. I hate having stuff in my pockets...
You certainly don't want any extra bulges when you saunter into Starbucks in skintight pants. :)